How easy to change agents HELP ???

Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:40 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default How easy to change agents HELP ???

I am on a 457 ie visa & am struggling with the most incompetent fool you could ever wish to meet. They are a Solictors who are also a M.A. We originally went to see this company for our perm residency application in January this year. He has missed deadline after deadline & his number 2 is also a reg M.A. is, it transpires part time. So when we hit a problem they in there wisdom have the part timer send the details of the problem by post. All we know as from the 24th is that there is a problem & we will know more in the next 24 hrs. Some of you may remember our circumstances from when we first arrived with my wife's illness, if stress is an issue for you then read my earlier posts it may help you see what things can happen. I am not sure what to do next but hope an agent on here can pick my brains for 5 mins & hit the ground running. Incidently does anyone know how long it takes to get a visa from one of the occupations in demand, I fear we may have to start again. All help appreciated, anyone fancy taking a solictor for a walk near the Brisbane river. :curse:
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:20 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How easy to change agents HELP ???

Come on
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You can fire your agent anytime, as far as DIAC are concerned. Just use a form 956 to appoint a new one.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:33 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

Thanks JAJ. Does he have to release my file & what can he charge for despite his cock ups
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:48 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

What are the terms of his appointment? Have you a formal letter of engagement?

Best regards.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:11 am
Purveyor of Beaches

Originally Posted by Alan Collett View Post
What are the terms of his appointment? Have you a formal letter of engagement?

Best regards.
Afraid so but I have been let down so many times now it's becomming a joke. I have submitted all the criteria for permanant residence twice now. The latest saga meant he did not get the info in on time so I have to resubmit all info again which has moved the goal post out of our favour. I have not paid any monies to date to him other than our application fee which with the medicals & accountants fees is likely to be a waste of money.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidT View Post
Afraid so but I have been let down so many times now it's becomming a joke. I have submitted all the criteria for permanant residence twice now. The latest saga meant he did not get the info in on time so I have to resubmit all info again which has moved the goal post out of our favour. I have not paid any monies to date to him other than our application fee which with the medicals & accountants fees is likely to be a waste of money.
Extract from the agents Code of Conduct:
http://www.themara.com.au/Online/Def...&ArticleID=234