Wikiposts

How does VETASSES work?

Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default How does VETASSES work?

Hello....

My partner needs to be assessed to give us the extra 5 points.

Her job can be described as Community Worker which comes under VETASSES.

Looking on the VETASSES website it seems they only assess qualifications and not work experience?

Her degree is in Economics.

If we fill in the application form as Community Worker and list the degree as Economics is that OK?

It seems odd that there is no request for work experience records.

Do they assess you based on whether your degree is relevent to the field you specify you work in?

Thanks.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:19 am

orangestreet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How does VETASSES work?

Vetassess does not care about your field of study or your work experience.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

So, in theory then, does that mean that anyone with a degree in anything can just pick any old VETASSESS'able occupation from the list - send off their qualifications and say hello to 50 points?

Who assesses your extra work experience points once VETASSESS has certified your qualifications?
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:57 am

orangestreet will become famous soon enough

The degree as far as i know should be equivalent to an Australian bachelors degree. I think they use NSOOR guideline for the same.

DIMIA looks at your work experience.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by orangestreet
The degree as far as i know should be equivalent to an Australian bachelors degree. I think they use NSOOR guideline for the same.

DIMIA looks at your work experience.
VETASSESS only check your qualifications, im my case a BA degree in business studies.

The DIMIA then check your work experience including job title, job description, length of time in role etc
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all....

It's all academic though as I have just realised that to get the extra 5 points your spouse has to meet all the basic requirements, totalling 120 points.

I was thinking that she only had to have a job on the list to get the extra 5.

Never mind.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
Thanks all....

It's all academic though as I have just realised that to get the extra 5 points your spouse has to meet all the basic requirements, totalling 120 points.

I was thinking that she only had to have a job on the list to get the extra 5.

Never mind.
I think you need to read the requirements for spouse skill points again (carefully).

Spouse must meet the 4 basic requirements - a skill assessment (any occupation), recent skilled work experience, age under 45 and vocational English. That's all. However it can get complex if the skill assessment isn't in the same occupation as work experience.

The one that catches people out is the skilled work experience requirement. Lots of spouses can get a Vetassess assessment based on a degree or diploma they may have obtained in the past, but DIMIA will look for recent skilled work experience and a Vetassess assessment doesn't prove anything here.

If still confused - get professional advice.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Aug 15th 2005 at 11:22 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ahh, I see.

I was under the impression that meeting the basic requirements meant meeting them with enough points to pass the pass mark.

Thats fine then as Emma works for the citizens advice bureaux as a caseworker in debt, benefit and employment rights for the local comunity.

She can get her degree assessed through VETASSESS and has plenty of work experience to satisfy DIMIA.

Thanks.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:44 am
Just Joined

Montz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Although VETASSESS just assess your qualifications only but still they have to give you an ASCO code in your assessment result like in your case COMMUNITY WORKER so atleast they will check if your work experience details for that thats why you will have to provide your work experience documents with detailed job responsibilities or a detailed resume with job responsibilities

There is no problem in writing your qualifications which is in Economics

If you have any other doubt you can ask

Bye for now

Montz

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
Hello....

My partner needs to be assessed to give us the extra 5 points.

Her job can be described as Community Worker which comes under VETASSES.

Looking on the VETASSES website it seems they only assess qualifications and not work experience?

Her degree is in Economics.

If we fill in the application form as Community Worker and list the degree as Economics is that OK?

It seems odd that there is no request for work experience records.

Do they assess you based on whether your degree is relevent to the field you specify you work in?

Thanks.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montz
Hello,

Although VETASSESS just assess your qualifications only but still they have to give you an ASCO code in your assessment result like in your case COMMUNITY WORKER so atleast they will check if your work experience details for that thats why you will have to provide your work experience documents with detailed job responsibilities or a detailed resume with job responsibilities
Vetassess will not even *look* at work experience.

DIMIA will check work experience after application, to make sure it's in a skilled occupation (not necessarily the same one, although there may be complications in some cases where work experience is different).

Jeremy
Old Aug 21st 2005, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all.