Wikiposts

How do we prove we're a couple?

Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:30 am
Just Joined

PorkyDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do we prove we're a couple?

I'm in the process of securing a job in Sydney which will involve sponsorhip by my new employers and a Business Visa which will make the whole thing possible.

I have been told that my girlfriend will be able to live and work with me in Sydney, so long as we can prove to the authorities that we have been together for a year or more - which we have.

How much proof will they need? How hard is this to pull-off? Any advice on what type of proof they appreciate the most? Any advice more than welcome.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: How do we prove we're a couple?

If you have been living together for 12+ months it shouldnt be a problem. Just provide statutory declarations, signed and witnessed by a solicitor, from various friends and family saying you have been together for x amount of time. Alos provide photographs, bills, etc etc. Its quite easy to do, so long as you have the evidence. It'd be a good idea to do a search on this forum - some people have provided a comprehensive list.

SS
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Moodoo is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try some of the following:

Joint bank account details
(or Bank statements sent to same address)
Council tax bills
Joint travel insurance
House tenancy agreement
letters from family and friends.
direct debits between your accounts
photos
invites to weddings etc
stat decs about our relationship
cards like valentines xmas birthday
Proof of joint travel - flight details and itinerary's

(noted down a while ago from another post i think . . .)
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:20 am
Coogee Rocks

Which visa are they sponsering you for?
If its a 457 then I think you're partner will be able to work anyway, with not as much proof as what is generaly needed for Spouse and de facto type visa's..... but I'm sure somone whos done this can tell you more if you tell us wich visa you are getting.

Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:37 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by PorkyDave
I'm in the process of securing a job in Sydney which will involve sponsorhip by my new employers and a Business Visa which will make the whole thing possible.

I have been told that my girlfriend will be able to live and work with me in Sydney, so long as we can prove to the authorities that we have been together for a year or more - which we have.

How much proof will they need? How hard is this to pull-off? Any advice on what type of proof they appreciate the most? Any advice more than welcome.
Hi

Have you had a look at www.immi.gov.au Acceptable evidence should be listed there. Basically though the more 'official' the evidence the better, think; phone bills, joint accounts, mortgages, wills, joint wedding invitations, holidays together etc etc