Wikiposts

how do I get sponsorship from a school?

Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:05 am
Just Joined

chefsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how do I get sponsorship from a school?

Hello,

im a secondary school science teacher and most websites refer to getting sponsorship from an institute. Ive searched and there is no obvious website or process. Most sites want me to sign up and put in all my detail and then pay.

The most common site is emergency teacher australia. is this a good provider?

any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. I really want to move to victoria in the next year.

Thank you
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how do I get sponsorship from a school?

Have you ruled out skilled migration? Don't need a sponsor for that.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chefsta
Hello,

im a secondary school science teacher and most websites refer to getting sponsorship from an institute. Ive searched and there is no obvious website or process. Most sites want me to sign up and put in all my detail and then pay.

any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. I really want to move to victoria in the next year.

Thank you
Chances are, sponsorship for a teacher just won't happen, unless you're out here already on say a WHV, even at that though, the chances are quite slim. There's plenty of us teachers, with visas etc, already out here I'm afraid...
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

hilasbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chefsta
Hello,

Thank you
Depending on when next year you want to be there - either apply for a 176 with various states sponsoring Science teachers, or go for the 175 if Victoria isn't (Sorry, my SMP knowledge is a couple of months out of date). Google 'Victoria SMP' and see if Secondary (Science) Teachers are on it, then off you go.
To read up on the 176 visa (or 175) if you go to the DIAC website and complete the visa wizard it will probably lead you to this option, and give you all the info.

However, you need to be 4 year BEd, or 3 (or more) undergrad years + a PGCE - if you are 3 Yr BEd or GTP trained you will not be eligible.