Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How DIAC to be informed of a change: dependent dropped from application.

Wikiposts

How DIAC to be informed of a change: dependent dropped from application.

Old Dec 4th 2010, 4:04 am
Just Joined

apple_pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink How DIAC to be informed of a change: dependent dropped from application.

Hi

I have just lodged my 176 application with my family. A change in circumstances, one of my dependent is no longer willing to accompany me to Auzi at this stage.

Just wondering how should I let DIAC know about this change.

AP
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:41 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How DIAC to be informed of a change: dependent dropped from application.

Originally Posted by apple_pie
Hi

I have just lodged my 176 application with my family. A change in circumstances, one of my dependent is no longer willing to accompany me to Auzi at this stage.

Just wondering how should I let DIAC know about this change.

AP
Form 1022, change in circumstances. Bear in mind that if you remove someone from your application they cannot be added later.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Messenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really nice
Default Re: How DIAC to be informed of a change: dependent dropped from application.

Form 1022
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1022.pdf (96.9 KB, 279 views)
Old Dec 4th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

apple_pie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Messenger
Form 1022
Originally Posted by Dorothy
Form 1022, change in circumstances. Bear in mind that if you remove someone from your application they cannot be added later.

Thank you..
Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Messenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really nice

Originally Posted by apple_pie
Thank you..
You are welcome
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Unless your dependant refuses to do a medical, why don't you leave them on your application and try and persuade them to have a holiday in Australia to validate. That gives them 5 years to change their mind at just the cost of the medical or a year if they later refuse to validate.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Unless your dependant refuses to do a medical, why don't you leave them on your application and try and persuade them to have a holiday in Australia to validate. That gives them 5 years to change their mind at just the cost of the medical or a year if they later refuse to validate.
Agree they will have to do a medical anyway as a non migrating dependent. Leaving them on your application doesn't mean they are forced to use the visa they will be granted - but it does keep options open.

There are people who have removed dependents from the application only to discover that a couple of years on that person then wants to join them in Oz and faces an upward struggle to get a visa.

Leave them on the application.

I have 2 sons on my application at the moment and it is likely that only one will move with us - but at least the other will have the option if he changes his mind in a few years.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Agree they will have to do a medical anyway as a non migrating dependent.
Oh yes, I'd forgotten that they would need to do a medical anyway. Good point. No reason at all not to include them in the application.