Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How di i include my sister (<18yrs) on my application?

Wikiposts

How di i include my sister (<18yrs) on my application?

Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

oksana21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How di i include my sister (<18yrs) on my application?

Hi all,

My mother and 12 year old sister are both fully financially dependant on me and i would like to include them on my visa application (Skilled - Independent #175). For my mother i know i need to use the form "47A Details of child or other family member aged 18 and over", it appears i cant use the same form for my sister as she is not over 18. However i also cannot include her on my application as she does not meet the definition of a dependant child, this being "A dependant child may be your natural, adopted or step child".... so how do i include my sister on my application? Has anyone been in a circumstance?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How di i include my sister (<18yrs) on my application?

Originally Posted by oksana21
Hi all,

My mother and 12 year old sister are both fully financially dependant on me and i would like to include them on my visa application (Skilled - Independent #175). For my mother i know i need to use the form "47A Details of child or other family member aged 18 and over", it appears i cant use the same form for my sister as she is not over 18.
Not an easy call to begin with. Dependency for other relatives is very difficult. To begin with, what country are you in (and what's your nationality) and where are the other relatives in the picture?

Even if you do win the (difficult) argument on dependency, if there are any health problems with either dependent then the application will be refused.

Not really recommended to do this on a DIY basis.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:51 pm
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all

Are your sister and your mother both living with you on a daily basis? Are they members of your family unit? How many other people are in your immediate family? For example do you have a wife / partner or any children of your own as well? Do your mother and sister rely upon you for their daily existence, socially, emotionally etc? Are they relying upon you to support them for food, clothing, shelter?
Liana
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi Liana.

Thank you for yor reply, the answer is mostly yes, we are one family unit and live together. I do not have a partner or any children of my own (a bit too young for that). Other relatives are grandparents who live off their pension, and my brother who first will have to do his mandatory military service and then go to uni, i.e. he will not be making an earning (nor coming to Australia) for quite some time.

My question was only where on the formality side of things, i.e. where i should include her on my application, from spending a few more hours reading it seems i will include her on my application form as "other dependant relatives included in the application" but she would not need also a separate form (whereas my mother would also have to file the 47a?) Does that sound about right?

Also another question, are there chances that my application form may be refused because my mother had breast cancer? It has been removed some time ago and apart from some check up's she did not require hospital care for some years now. Will this be something which may lead to our application being refused?

Oksana
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LIANA J ALLAN
Are your sister and your mother both living with you on a daily basis? Are they members of your family unit? How many other people are in your immediate family? For example do you have a wife / partner or any children of your own as well? Do your mother and sister rely upon you for their daily existence, socially, emotionally etc? Are they relying upon you to support them for food, clothing, shelter?
Liana
The country from which i will be making my application (and my nationality) is Russia(n), I don't have a husband or a family of my own, and based on bank statements, rental payments etc i should hopefully be able to prove the financial dependency of my mum/sister, furthermore we're going to apply for a police report to show that the location of my farther is unknown and my mothers disability status showing that she is unable to make her own living. there is a genuine dependency, hopefully bureaucracy will not stand in the way...

Russia is an incredibly corrupt country, i am very reluctant to using an agent as (i am sorry to say) but i simply do not trust Russian’s, nothing works without bribes and i don’t want to get involved with unethical transactions, plus they charge ridicules fees and achieve nothing or tell me things that i already know.. i rather take the time to read the legislation myself. Its sad, but that’s just how things are.

However given that the application may be refused on health grounds, do you think it is more sensible to make an application for myself first and then sponsor them instead of including them in my initial application?

Thank you
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oksana21
The country from which i will be making my application (and my nationality) is Russia(n), I don't have a husband or a family of my own, and based on bank statements, rental payments etc i should hopefully be able to prove the financial dependency of my mum/sister, furthermore we're going to apply for a police report to show that the location of my farther is unknown and my mothers disability status showing that she is unable to make her own living. there is a genuine dependency, hopefully bureaucracy will not stand in the way...

Russia is an incredibly corrupt country, i am very reluctant to using an agent as (i am sorry to say) but i simply do not trust Russian’s, nothing works without bribes and i don’t want to get involved with unethical transactions, plus they charge ridicules fees and achieve nothing or tell me things that i already know.. i rather take the time to read the legislation myself. Its sad, but that’s just how things are.

However given that the application may be refused on health grounds, do you think it is more sensible to make an application for myself first and then sponsor them instead of including them in my initial application?

Thank you
Why not consult an agent in Australia? We used one from the UK and didn't have any problems with the time difference.

I think it would be best for you to get a professional opinion and help as it's not a straight forward case. It would be cheaper in the long run than if you failed your application.

Most of them will give you a free evaluation to assess your situation and eligibility.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Wendy,

That's somethng i havent yet thought about, will have a look around, which one have you used?

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
Why not consult an agent in Australia? We used one from the UK and didn't have any problems with the time difference.

I think it would be best for you to get a professional opinion and help as it's not a straight forward case. It would be cheaper in the long run than if you failed your application.

Most of them will give you a free evaluation to assess your situation and eligibility.
As Wendy says, the time difference needn't be an issue. Many (probably most) of our clients are outside of Australia including some in Russia.