Wikiposts

how to contact centrelink?

Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how to contact centrelink?

Hi

Has anyone any idea how to contact centelink in Sydney. My sister has tried twice but both times no one was able to help. I have noticed on previous threads that some assurers have contacted centrelink successfully.

I know that dimia send all assurors details to centrelink in Sydney and think they are then distrubuted to regional offices. My assuror lives in Sydney but is not sure if the head office deals with assurors or her local office.

Can anyone help please. I have tried looking on centrelink website but the number on that is a call centre.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all
Default Re: how to contact centrelink?

Originally Posted by jayne+doug
Hi

Has anyone any idea how to contact centelink in Sydney. My sister has tried twice but both times no one was able to help. I have noticed on previous threads that some assurers have contacted centrelink successfully.

I know that dimia send all assurors details to centrelink in Sydney and think they are then distrubuted to regional offices. My assuror lives in Sydney but is not sure if the head office deals with assurors or her local office.

Can anyone help please. I have tried looking on centrelink website but the number on that is a call centre.
Hi our assurer contacted centrelink she just said "the one in the city" but on her letter which our agent sent her she was asked to quote a file reference number and was given the name of the chap to contact and the region, I know than after she lodged the bond at the bank she just went into her local centrelink,she lives in Cronulla but she had no problems at all.All this was done in Sydney.
Has your sister been asked to contact centrelink or is she just doing off her own back,as I have now been led to beleive that from sept centrelink contact the assurer.
Good luck,
Elfinx
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Hi

jayne+doug

Have a look on the website again. www.centrelink.gov.au

Put a search in for "assurance of support"

This will give loads of info, factsheets etc and also all the regional Centrelink offices and phone numbers.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: how to contact centrelink?

Hi Elfin

Thanks for the reply. My sister has been trying to contact them herself we have been waiting since Sept. for them to contact her so she decided to try and kick start them into action. I think centrelink do have to contact the assuror but as I am a pre July applicant and all the assurors details have been sent to them we are waiting on the letter to lodge the bond.

Stewie

Thanks for the reply. I have looked on the website again and I don't know if I'm being thick. I can find the local office address but there is no telephone no. It's the Hornsby branch that my sister lives near.

Thanks
Jayne
Old Oct 25th 2004, 6:36 pm
ABCDiamond

Thanks for the reply. I have looked on the website again and I don't know if I'm being thick. I can find the local office address but there is no telephone no. It's the Hornsby branch that my sister lives near.
If your sister rings the Centrelink call centre on 132850, and asks to be put through to the Hornsby Office, they should be able to do that.
or
look at this Hornsby Council site:- http://www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/servic...VIGATIONID=904

Centrelink, 02 9450 7422, 02 9450 7426

I didn't think that the Centrelink numbers were supposed to be given out publicly !, but those ones are !

Not sure what department those numbers will take you to. And you could end up talking to a stressed out person that only deals with unemployed people all day long, that doesn't have a clue what you are talking about !!

Good luck