Wikiposts

how can son prove education?

Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default how can son prove he will continue his education in aus?

as some of you may know we are having to go through the courts to get a court order for the kids 15 and 17 to migrate.

ok, caffcass reports are to be done in the next few weeks and then back to court 20th feb!! which means the visa app wont actually be going till march time.

all well and good, but, my son will be 18 in may and i know that dimia will want proof that he will be continuing his education once he leaves school in may.

he is applying to study acting at glasgow but plans to take his first year out to travel australia, he dosent know whether he will stay or return to the uk. the thing is, i cant prove aus education for 2007 because the deadline for applying is 30th september. my hope is that he will stay because if he returns to go to glasgow, he wont get his 3 out of 5 years for citizenship!

has anyone been in a similar situation who can give me advice please.

thanks
debbie

Last edited by debbiemc; Nov 10th 2005 at 9:24 am.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how can son prove he will continue his education in aus?

just wanted to post this again as i didnt get a reply from anyone last night, fingers crossed this morning.

thanks
debbie
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Smile Re: how can son prove he will continue his education in aus?

Originally Posted by debbiemc
just wanted to post this again as i didnt get a reply from anyone last night, fingers crossed this morning.

thanks
debbie
Hi Debs
Sioory cant help with your query, just wanted to say Hi and hope things are going ok for you.
love ireland xx
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ireland
Hi Debs
Sioory cant help with your query, just wanted to say Hi and hope things are going ok for you.
love ireland xx
not too bad thanks ireland, just going through the courts at the moment re the kids and waiting for a reply from my agent about the question i've posted!!

how about you? is the course finished?

trish got off last week, lucky bugger. she sounds settled already!

nice to hear from you

debbie x
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Smile Re: how can son prove he will continue his education in aus?

not too bad thanks ireland, just going through the courts at the moment re the kids and waiting for a reply from my agent about the question i've posted!!

how about you? is the course finished?

trish got off last week, lucky bugger. she sounds settled already!

nice to hear from you

debbie x
Hi Debs
Course will be finished in feb but have to wait until april before we can hand in last portfolio, so fingers crossed for that .
got a couple of emails from Trish, so glad she arrived safely, she deserves it all for the hard work she put in to get there.
hopefully it will be our turn soon
take care love ireland xx ps hope all goes well for the court session
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

as some of you may know we are having to go through the courts to get a court order for the kids 15 and 17 to migrate.

ok, caffcass reports are to be done in the next few weeks and then back to court 20th feb!! which means the visa app wont actually be going till march time.

all well and good, but, my son will be 18 in may and i know that dimia will want proof that he will be continuing his education once he leaves school in may.

he is applying to study acting at glasgow but plans to take his first year out to travel australia, he dosent know whether he will stay or return to the uk. the thing is, i cant prove aus education for 2007 because the deadline for applying is 30th september. my hope is that he will stay because if he returns to go to glasgow, he wont get his 3 out of 5 years for citizenship!

thanks
debbie

I think you need professional advice - if you cannot prove your 18+ son continues to be dependent right up to visa grant (and preferably validation), DIMIA will refuse his visa even if the rest of the family is accepted.

This has happened to lots of people before you and needs to be taken very seriously. An online forum is not the place to resolve complex dependency issues.

And out of interest, why are you waiting for court orders before applying for the visa? (and if your skill assessment is not already done, that will mean further delay).

Jeremy
Old Nov 13th 2005, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: how can son prove he will continue his education in aus?

thanks
debbie
You have to advise child benefit people of the same and tax credit. would that support the case??

Also if he starts to liase with the uni and takes an official gap year ie enrolling at uni and becoming a dormant student (no offence intended, but it is an actual name) surely the paperwork would be sufficient.

I know gap years are quite wobbly ground for dependant 18yr olds, so as JAJ has said, may be best to contact an agent.

we are going to be using ianharrop, who has been excellent up to now with the advice etc and may be able to direct you.He has a lot of experience under his belt and it will definately be worth a call.
http://www.ianharrop.co.uk/

good luck
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
I think you need professional advice - if you cannot prove your 18+ son continues to be dependent right up to visa grant (and preferably validation), DIMIA will refuse his visa even if the rest of the family is accepted.

This has happened to lots of people before you and needs to be taken very seriously. An online forum is not the place to resolve complex dependency issues.

And out of interest, why are you waiting for court orders before applying for the visa? (and if your skill assessment is not already done, that will mean further delay).

Jeremy
hi jeremy,

thank you for your sound advice as usual.

we do have an agent but unfortunately i've sent a couple of emails and she hasnt replied but iv'e now left a message for her to call me.i was just hoping someonemight advice me whilst w3aiting for her to reply.

unfortunately the QNC have a backlog of overseas applicants which has been preventing me do a modified skills assess but today i've had more copies certified and have done a full skills assess so hopefully it should be back in a couple of weeks.

i have a copy of the 47sk which is ready to send back to the agent but i was under the impression that without the court order, it couldnt be sent. i suppose thats something my agent should have infromed me of though!

thanks again
debbie
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
You have to advise child benefit people of the same and tax credit. would that support the case??

Also if he starts to liase with the uni and takes an official gap year ie enrolling at uni and becoming a dormant student (no offence intended, but it is an actual name) surely the paperwork would be sufficient.

I know gap years are quite wobbly ground for dependant 18yr olds, so as JAJ has said, may be best to contact an agent.

we are going to be using ianharrop, who has been excellent up to now with the advice etc and may be able to direct you.He has a lot of experience under his belt and it will definately be worth a call.
http://www.ianharrop.co.uk/

good luck
thanks for that cathnpaul,

i'm using gomatilda and up to now things have gone smoothly but she hasnt replied to my emails and its peed me off a bit!

i suppose proof from child benefit etc would be an assett but i thought i'd have to prove his forwarding education in aus! he is applying for a place in glasgow and i dont know where thatll stand him!

i'll wait and see what shew has to say

thanks again and good luck to yourselves too

debbie