Wikiposts

Hospital question on 457 application

Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

blackisler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hospital question on 457 application

Hi
I was looking for some advise on the question re "do you intend to enter any hospital" etc on the application form.

While medical care isn't my main purpose in going to Australia and I wouldn't anticipate requiring healthcare other than regular dental checkups and occasional minor aliments. I would anticipate that everyone would visit a doctor and dentist over 4 years.
While not wanting to give an obvious incorrect answer I didnt want an honest answer to be misinterpreted.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:40 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice
Default Re: Hospital question on 457 application

Originally Posted by blackisler
Hi
I was looking for some advise on the question re "do you intend to enter any hospital" etc on the application form.

While medical care isn't my main purpose in going to Australia and I wouldn't anticipate requiring healthcare other than regular dental checkups and occasional minor aliments. I would anticipate that everyone would visit a doctor and dentist over 4 years.
While not wanting to give an obvious incorrect answer I didnt want an honest answer to be misinterpreted.
Hi

I beleive this question is in refeence to wether you will be working in a hospital environmnet.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

i think this is trying to weed out hospital workers, or people in jobs who who might have to spend time in hospital. The occasional visit as a patient doesnt count.

but i might be wrong.

im a nurse and had to say yes to this question, this meant i needed xrays and medicals
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

it's referring to your occupation, not to whether you intend to ever be treated in hospital
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

incircles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
it's referring to your occupation, not to whether you intend to ever be treated in hospital
I have just had a job offer from a Construction Consultancy in Perth. The role is for a senior consultant Project Manager, and some of the projects i will be working on cover new build hospitals and refits to existing ones. Therefore on some occasions i will be entering into a "live" hospital environment to speak to clinicians,doctors etc.

Does this mean i need to flag up that i work "indirectly" in the healthcare sector??
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by incircles
I have just had a job offer from a Construction Consultancy in Perth. The role is for a senior consultant Project Manager, and some of the projects i will be working on cover new build hospitals and refits to existing ones. Therefore on some occasions i will be entering into a "live" hospital environment to speak to clinicians,doctors etc.

Does this mean i need to flag up that i work "indirectly" in the healthcare sector??
No. It's for people like nurses, doctors, radiation therapists, etc who work everyday in hospitals.