Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Hoping to move 2015 looking for hair dressing sponsorship

Hoping to move 2015 looking for hair dressing sponsorship

Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Sadie7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hoping to move 2015 looking for hair dressing sponsorship

Hey I'm needing advice on hairdressing jobs Sydney area I'm hoping to get a sponsorship I have 10years experience I'm 27years old in process of doing my cv
Has anyone got any advice on the move
Thank you
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:48 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping to move 2015 looking for hair dressing sponsorship

I'm not sure if any states are sponsoring hairdressers at the moment? Others more knowledgable will surely come along shortly!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sadie7
Hey I'm needing advice on hairdressing jobs Sydney area I'm hoping to get a sponsorship I have 10years experience I'm 27years old in process of doing my cv
Thank you
It would be premature to think about the move, I wouldn't discuss it with you because it would get your hopes up! Unless you mean you have got the sponsorship lined up already? Otherwise this is a very ambitious plan. There are very few people that can line up a sponsorship from overseas.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
If you find a sponsoring state, you would need to have a valid skills assessment. You would need to check who does this. You also need to meet the other criteria and points requirement.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Unless I am reading it wrong, OP seems to be asking about job sponsorship? BUt I agree though, that state sponsorship would be better place to start.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the replies
From what I've looked in to its a working holiday visa I would have to come over on but I was hoping for a option of longer term as I will only be able to work in one place for 6months
do salons employ with such a short term
I also would rather come over with a salon job lined up is there any salons around Sydney area with good reputation
or job site recommendations
Thank you
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the replies
From what I've looked in to its a working holiday visa I would have to come over on but I was hoping for a option of longer term as I will only be able to work in one place for 6months
do salons employ with such a short term
I also would rather come over with a salon job lined up is there any salons around Sydney area with good reputation
or job site recommendations
Thank you
Sponsoring you would be expensive for a small business, and for a business to sponsor you, they would have to prove that they cannot hire someone locally and be approved by DIBP to sponsor. Without a skills assessment, you would likely be sponsored on a temporary 457 visa which is valid for up to 4 years and no guaranteed path to anything permanent.

Getting your skills assessed, finding a state to sponsor you and funding a visa yourself is expensive but would be permanent, and may help find an employer willing to offer you work on arrival.

As for job sites, have you looked at SEEK?
Old Aug 31st 2014, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for info will looking it to it