Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

holiday visa and one way flights help please

holiday visa and one way flights help please

Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:32 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: holiday visa and one way flights help please

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Hi Baby75,

We are flying out in June and are doing the same as yourselves. However instead of using the tourist visa we are using the WHV(this is possible as we have no children) which allows you in on a one way ticket once you can prove that you have enough funds to buy outward tickets.

I have seen a post from someone who says he has entered Australia 3 times with an ETA(I think) on a one way ticket with no problems.
It really is up to yourselves and you have to decide if you want to chance it.
Maybe if you had a bank statement showing that you have sufficient funds for your holiday AND to buy onward flights. This could work...?
There has to be a way around it. There always is.
Thanks

Has to be a way alright we are going to book out bound from Brisbane to Auckland for when we validate man im being very positive here that we will have out pr visa before i cant fly any more or it will be another ETA only wish we could get the WHV but no worries it will all work out if you find that thread again will you post the link so i can check it out

thanks
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Baby75
No don't worry a very valid point and believe me we have been thinking of that in that case it would be come home or get another ETA but they all have complications second eta have to prove you have enough money to support your self and that

more to think about although Ild say we are going to chance it
Hi baby75
I would be very worried about that too. 175's are taking 6-10 months on average to process.
Good luck what you decide.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Hi baby75
I would be very worried about that too. 175's are taking 6-10 months on average to process.
Good luck what you decide.
I wouldn't worry too much. Sure if you need to leave Aus before you get your pr visa just go live cheaply in Bali or somewhere for a month or so.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bailey1
I wouldn't worry too much. Sure if you need to leave Aus before you get your pr visa just go live cheaply in Bali or somewhere for a month or so.
With 3 kids and 1 on the way?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Not such a good idea after all, apparently!!!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:52 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Im scaring you I think, We will be fine not going to do any thing rash
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Im scaring you I think, We will be fine not going to do any thing rash
You are very brave Niamh but good on ya!!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:21 am

You are very brave Niamh but good on ya!!
Thanks brave or a bit mad or may be a mixture of both we are very lucky though we have family there who are helping us
Old May 16th 2008, 9:20 am

hello

I have just applied for our holiday visa and the system seems to have changed so I emailed Diac to see what way we can fly still have time to change our flights
but here is the information I got back

(An ETA is valid for one year from the date of issue. The conditions of an ETA allows for multiple trips to Australia with a maximum stay of 3 months per visit. You will need to check with the New Zealand Immigration Department in relation to any visa requirements that New Zealand have.)

My Take on this is that you are able to Fly in to Australia with an out bound flight to NZ or any were else and then if you want come back to Australia and stay for another while as long as you ETA is valid they are Valid for a year now

but intrested to see what others think

Last edited by Baby75; May 16th 2008 at 9:26 am.
Old May 16th 2008, 10:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hello

I have just applied for our holiday visa and the system seems to have changed so I emailed Diac to see what way we can fly still have time to change our flights
but here is the information I got back

(An ETA is valid for one year from the date of issue. The conditions of an ETA allows for multiple trips to Australia with a maximum stay of 3 months per visit. You will need to check with the New Zealand Immigration Department in relation to any visa requirements that New Zealand have.)

My Take on this is that you are able to Fly in to Australia with an out bound flight to NZ or any were else and then if you want come back to Australia and stay for another while as long as you ETA is valid they are Valid for a year now

but intrested to see what others think
An ETA has always had a validity period of a year. The ETA is valid for multiple entry within its one year validity period, but you can only stay for 3 months at a time in Australia.
Same conditions as always.
Old May 16th 2008, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
An ETA has always had a validity period of a year. The ETA is valid for multiple entry within its one year validity period, but you can only stay for 3 months at a time in Australia.
Same conditions as always.
Then why did you need to Apply for a further ETA after the 3 months bit confussed now

But the flights are ok though !
Old May 16th 2008, 2:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Then why did you need to Apply for a further ETA after the 3 months bit confussed now

But the flights are ok though !
You don't need to apply for a new ETA, you can use the same one, but you do have to leave Australia after 3 months, as that is the maximum you can spend in the country at one time on an ETA.
Old May 16th 2008, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You don't need to apply for a new ETA, you can use the same one, but you do have to leave Australia after 3 months, as that is the maximum you can spend in the country at one time on an ETA.
Thanks Pollyana