Holiday to Australia once 175 lodged

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road
Default Holiday to Australia once 175 lodged

Hi,

I have lodged a 175 visa application. When I submitted my application I filled in form 80 and in that form they ask you to list all countries you have been to in the last 10 years (including Australia).

I am planning to go Australia for a holiday (for 2 weeks) in February 2009.
Has anyone been done this before (or does anyone have advice), if so would it be necessary to submit a change of circumstance form to tell them you have been to Australia after your application was lodged?

TIA

Last edited by grantvt; Dec 3rd 2008 at 11:39 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:21 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice
Default Re: Holiday to Australia once 175 lodged

Originally Posted by grantvt
Hi,

I have lodged a 175 visa application. When I submitted my application I filled in form 80 and in that form they ask you to list all countries you have been to in the last 10 years (including Australia).

I am planning to go Australia for a holiday (for 2 weeks) in February 2009.
Has anyone been done this before (or does anyone have advice), if so would it be necessary to submit a change of circumstance form to tell them you have been to Australia after your application was lodged?

TIA
Hi Grant,

I wouldn't worry about Form 80, you only have to list countries that you have been to in the 10 years prior to visa lodgement, you don't have to inform them of trips to other countries after the lodgement date.

HOWEVER!!!!

It is extremely important that DIAC know that you intend going over on a holiday as your 175 cannot be granted while you are in the country. Also you have to be careful when applying for a holiday visa because if in the event that your 175 was granted first, a subsequent holiday visa would cancel your 175! If you get a holiday visa, you need to inform DIAC, give them the dates that you are going to be in the country so that they can't grant the visa while you are there.

Good luck with it and enjoy that holiday, who knows, you might have your 175 by then and it could be a validation trip, that's what happened to me!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holiday to Australia once 175 lodged

Hi,

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense, its only a hols and I dont intend to be there when my 175 is processed.
I only lodged my 175 in October 2008 so I doubt it will be appoved by Feb 2009. If so that would be a dream come true
I will take your advice an notify them before my trip.

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Hi Grant,

I wouldn't worry about Form 80, you only have to list countries that you have been to in the 10 years prior to visa lodgement, you don't have to inform them of trips to other countries after the lodgement date.

HOWEVER!!!!

It is extremely important that DIAC know that you intend going over on a holiday as your 175 cannot be granted while you are in the country. Also you have to be careful when applying for a holiday visa because if in the event that your 175 was granted first, a subsequent holiday visa would cancel your 175! If you get a holiday visa, you need to inform DIAC, give them the dates that you are going to be in the country so that they can't grant the visa while you are there.

Good luck with it and enjoy that holiday, who knows, you might have your 175 by then and it could be a validation trip, that's what happened to me!