British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   hi need ur advice regarding spouse on 485 visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/hi-need-ur-advice-regarding-spouse-485-visa-659593/)

faymy001 Oct 11th 2009 12:47 am

About Spouse Visa?

Hy everyone,

I am currently in Australia, and have applied for Graduate Visa 485 and has been granted Bridging Visa A.The new priority list will affect my 485 visa application and I don't how much time will it take for decision.
My question is that, Can I sponsor my wife while I am on bridging visa ?
Would the Australian Immigration allow her to join me or not?

Thanks,
ALI

Faru Oct 11th 2009 8:58 am

Re: About Spouse Visa?

Hi Ali,
You cant sponsor ur wife when you are on a bridging Visa.
She can come here on a tourist or student visa as far as I know.
Regards,
Faru

trnotpr Mar 16th 2010 7:08 am

hi need ur advice regarding spouse on 485 visa

i had applied for my wife 485 spouse on 10 dec 2009 sh got an email saying
"Please provide Statutory Declarations from applicant and spouse giving history of their
relationship prior to marriage on XX/XX/09 (when and where they met, etc). Please also
provide evidence of co-habitation post marriage (untility bills, joint bank account, etc)."
i got all my documents ready as she is pregrant anyone have any idea how long will this process can take.
thanks

Pollyana Mar 16th 2010 3:01 pm

Re: hi need ur advice regarding spouse on 485 visa

Originally Posted by trnotpr (Post 8423077)
i had applied for my wife 485 spouse on 10 dec 2009 sh got an email saying
"Please provide Statutory Declarations from applicant and spouse giving history of their
relationship prior to marriage on XX/XX/09 (when and where they met, etc). Please also
provide evidence of co-habitation post marriage (untility bills, joint bank account, etc)."
i got all my documents ready as she is pregrant anyone have any idea how long will this process can take.
thanks

I have corrected the title for you as this question does not refer to a Spouse visa, but to a spouse on a 485.

welshtony Mar 16th 2010 4:22 pm

Re: hi need ur advice regarding spouse on 485 visa

These 485 visas are not affected by processing priorities and are done as quickly as possible.

Regards

Tony Coates

Mystic198211 Apr 16th 2010 12:40 am

Briging Visa and way of bringing my wife

Please advice me!!!!!!

I am now on briging visa as I have applied for my TR(485) visa. Now I would like to bring my wife in here who is overseas now. Can she apply for spouse visa?

Please advice me..

Pollyana Apr 16th 2010 7:30 am

Re: Briging Visa and way of bringing my wife

Originally Posted by Mystic198211 (Post 8499879)
Please advice me!!!!!!

I am now on briging visa as I have applied for my TR(485) visa. Now I would like to bring my wife in here who is overseas now. Can she apply for spouse visa?

Please advice me..

Not unless you are PR or a citizen.

rammygirl Apr 16th 2010 8:14 am

You should have included her as a secondary applicant on the visa when you applied.

You can add her once it is granted though see here

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ly-members.htm

Mystic198211 Apr 17th 2010 12:18 am

Originally Posted by rammygirl (Post 8500527)
You should have included her as a secondary applicant on the visa when you applied.

You can add her once it is granted though see here

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ly-members.htm

Thanks guys for reply..how about when I apply for PR and show her as secondery applicant, can I bring her while I am on briging visa?

JoeBlogsOfOz Apr 17th 2010 1:43 pm

This is a very important question and I have wondered about it too.....The trouble is that, according to my understanding, you can only incldue your wife if she is also onshore if you are applying for onshore visa........If OP applies for offshore visa while being in Australia then he could include his wife but it takes away the benefit of bridging visa and if any other visas he has run out, then he will have to leave Australia.

I will be grateful if some expert advice is given regarding this.

welshtony Apr 19th 2010 11:54 pm

when main applicant gets granted the 485 visa, a partner can then apply for the 485 whether inside or outside Australia. It is processed pretty quickly as it is not affected by processing priorities. If applied for while outside Australia, applicant can be in or outside Australia at time of grant - so if arrives on other visa in the eman-time, would not have to leave Australia for grant eventhough was off-shore at time of application.

Regards

Tony

faymy001 Jul 29th 2010 2:16 am

Spouse visa on 485 visa

Hi ,

I am on Graduate visa 485 and is expiring in OCT 2011.I will apply for 885 visa in next month and will take atleast 2 years to process.
I am getting married in Dec 2010,If my wife apply for spouse visa in Jan 11 as I have Graduate visa 485.How much time will it take to process?
Will she get visa before OCT 2011 as my 485 is expiring on OCT 2011.
If she get visa after OCT 2011 , will she allowed to enter AUS(my 485 is expiring on OCT 2011).
I have confusion , please anyone give me some direction.

Thanks

Pollyana Jul 31st 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Spouse visa on 485 visa

Originally Posted by faymy001 (Post 8736351)
Hi ,

I am on Graduate visa 485 and is expiring in OCT 2011.I will apply for 885 visa in next month and will take atleast 2 years to process.
I am getting married in Dec 2010,If my wife apply for spouse visa in Jan 11 as I have Graduate visa 485.How much time will it take to process?
If she get visa after OCT 2011 , will she allowed to enter AUS(my 485 is expiring on OCT 2011).

Thanks

No-one can tell you how long it will take to process a visa, especially that far ahead. I suggest you consult a registered migration agent in order to avoid getting into a tangle with different visa types.

Bermudashorts Jul 31st 2010 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by faymy001 (Post 8736351)
Hi ,

Thanks

Your wife can't apply for a spouse / partner visa as you are not a citizen or permanent resident and thus cannot sponsor her. I assume what you mean is you want to add a spouse onto your existing visa? To avoid any confusion, you should be clear about what you are trying to do.

faymy001 Aug 1st 2010 7:41 am

i want to add her in my 485 visa