Hi

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:14 am
Just Joined

sholtie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

Happy New Year to all!

I need some advice if anyone can help please.

2004 we were on the final stages of getting our family sponsored visas to Aus, when a family tragedy meant we had to cancel our app.

Now we are both 49 years old, is there anyway we could be eligible for any type of visa?

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hi

Hi, you're probably best checking in the immigration section...
if you run your own business in the UK there's possibly a way to get your business to sponsor you, or you could look at getting an Oz business to sponsor you... but i'm not sure on the age limits

Good luck,
Jen
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coppock
Hi, you're probably best checking in the immigration section...
if you run your own business in the UK there's possibly a way to get your business to sponsor you, or you could look at getting an Oz business to sponsor you... but i'm not sure on the age limits

Good luck,
Jen
I've moved the thread
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The options now are employer sponsored visa or business visa.

The age limit for skilled migrant visa is set to increase in July, to 50, however the new points test would make it very difficult for anyone to pass as there are no points for age beyond 45.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

sholtie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.
You used to be able to get there if you had a certain amount of cash to take. I think it was around Au$1,000,000.00. Does anyone know if thats still the case?
I think I really need to speak with an agent, can anyone recommend one?
Many thanks
Steve
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sholtie
Thanks for the replies.
You used to be able to get there if you had a certain amount of cash to take. I think it was around Au$1,000,000.00. Does anyone know if thats still the case?
Many thanks
Steve
Can't see anything like that now. The investor visa that looks to be permanent requires the applicant to have originally held a investor provisional visa. But for the investor provisional visa you need to be under 45 and have $1.5m.

The other option is the retirement visa but you a renot old enough fo rhtis one, need to be 55 and this one is only a temporary visa and will never lead to PR, although I think you would be able to renew it forever.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 4:05 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Can't see anything like that now. The investor visa that looks to be permanent requires the applicant to have originally held a investor provisional visa. But for the investor provisional visa you need to be under 45 and have $1.5m.

The other option is the retirement visa but you a renot old enough fo rhtis one, need to be 55 and this one is only a temporary visa and will never lead to PR, although I think you would be able to renew it forever.
The State Sponsored Investor (Provisional) - subclass 165 - visa requires less investment than that mentioned in your posting, and allows applications for those aged up to 55 (and sometimes older, eg WA if you are happy to invest a larger sum in their Designated Investment).

Best regards.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:35 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sholtie
Thanks for the replies.
Many thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,

Yes in view of your ages, although it's theoretically viable to apply for a general skilled migration application when the age bar is lifted in July, unless by some miracle of synergy the points work for you, then some sort of business migration or investment visa may be all that you have open.

Cheers,

George Lombard