Wikiposts

Here we go

Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:47 pm
Banned

ollytom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Here we go

Hello everyone,

I am embarking on the whole visa application process and if I understand correctly will first need to embark on a RPL application to the ACS for skills assesment before proceeding onto a subclass 136 (skilled ind) visa application.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement or advise on the ACS RPL bit, I get the feeling from here that it can be long winded and a little painful.

Hope to get to know you all in the next few months.

Ollytom.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of
Default Re: Here we go

Hi Ollytom - Snap!

We have just finished our skills assessment application for ACS. Where are you from and what's your nominated occupation?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ollytom
Hello everyone,

I am embarking on the whole visa application process and if I understand correctly will first need to embark on a RPL application to the ACS for skills assesment before proceeding onto a subclass 136 (skilled ind) visa application.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement or advise on the ACS RPL bit, I get the feeling from here that it can be long winded and a little painful.

Hope to get to know you all in the next few months.

Ollytom.
Get an expert RPL cpnsultant to help you prepare your case.

Tony
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:25 pm
Banned

ollytom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dejags
Hi Ollytom - Snap!

We have just finished our skills assessment application for ACS. Where are you from and what's your nominated occupation?
Hi Dejags,

I'm in Essex in UK, did you RPL? Not sure of the nominated occupation yet...
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

hi, we have submitted a straightforward skills assessment application.

seems we have hit our first snag though - my husband (main applicant) took 8 months off to try and start a business in Cape Town, he'll find it difficult to prove this and it means that he hasn't worked for 12 of the last 18 months in his nominated occupation (minimum req for DIMIA).

he still meets the requirements for skills assessment - it's when we get to visa application stage that it will be an issue. waiting for clarification from the Agent on this.