Help with WHV and visitor visa

Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Ladyface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with WHV and visitor visa

My husband is currently in WA on a working holiday visa, and living with his parents who are permanent residents. Initially, our plan was for my husband to go over and ensure he could find work and as he is a bricklayer, he could get introduced to the aussie way - as we had been told that some things are different. We have 3 young children and therefore didn't want to uproot them and move over all at once, and then find he couldn't find work etc, as he is the main visa applicant and the main earner till our children are settled.

Also, to make things easier for us he would be getting things in place for us to move over. We have began our application for permanent residency. We planned on all going over for a few months, basically a long holiday, once things were sorted with my husbands work and the visa was applied for. Myself and my children planned on going over in April for a few months on a tourist/visitors visa. However, i have learned since that as my husband is on a WHV he cannot be joined by any dependants at any time. Does this mean that myself and the children will be unable to go over as planned on a visitor or tourist visa at all? I have searched online and seem to not be able to find anything regarding this, and it is now frazzling my brain. I dont want to hinder our chances of getting a PR visa.

Any insight would be fantastic, Thanks.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with WHV and visitor visa

Originally Posted by Ladyface View Post
Does this mean that myself and the children will be unable to go over as planned on a visitor or tourist visa at all?
A holder of a WHV cannot be accompanied by dependent children at any time during their stay in Australia - under general requirements on this page of the DIAC website.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Of course you and the kids can come on a holiday, as long as the intent of your visit is that of having a holiday and not emmigration.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:41 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516 View Post
Of course you and the kids can come on a holiday, as long as the intent of your visit is that of having a holiday and not emmigration.
No, they can't. Did you read the link provided by roaringmouse?

Taken directly from the same link...

•not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia
Note: A dependent child is the child, or step-child, of you or your partner who:
◦is not married, engaged to be married, or in a de facto relationship
◦has not turned 18.
If you would like a dependent child to join you in Australia you must apply for a different visa such as a Tourist visa
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516 View Post
Yes, but as soon as they arrive the OP's husband's WHV will become invalid and he will be here illegally.

The OP's strategy needs a re-think.