Help on Visa 186 ENS

Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:00 am
Just Joined

beeceejoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help on Visa 186 ENS

Hi guys,

I need your candid advise on my ENS application. Can I do it by myself without using an immigration agent? My employer advised me to use an immigration agent so as to avoid making mistake in the application. I do not have much issue on that other than the high cost which I will have to pay.

I have my assessment with me already, with police certificate and every necessary document. What do you advise?

How long does the visa processing take? Do you have idea of any imigration agent that their service is affordable?

Thank you for your advise.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:34 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on Visa 186 ENS

Originally Posted by beeceejoh
Hi guys,

I need your candid advise on my ENS application. Can I do it by myself without using an immigration agent? My employer advised me to use an immigration agent so as to avoid making mistake in the application. I do not have much issue on that other than the high cost which I will have to pay.

I have my assessment with me already, with police certificate and every necessary document. What do you advise?

How long does the visa processing take? Do you have idea of any imigration agent that their service is affordable?

Thank you for your advise.
An employer going through the ENS process usually employs an agent to do their end before you can proceed with yours, so it only makes sense to use the same one to avoid mistakes that you are so concerned about. Ask them first before trying to get one of yours. As to the cost, if they have no agent to pass on to you, I would say call around and see what they charge. If that appears "high", wait and see how much you spend on moving over, in the grand scheme of things it is not a lot.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

beeceejoh is an unknown quantity at this point

My employer is not willing to spend a dine, but want they want me to pay for the agent charges which I'm not willing to pay due to high cost. The truth of the matter is that my employer feels that the company is doing me a favour by sponsoring me for ENS, hence I should be responsible for the cost. They gave me the option of doing it by myself.

I will highly appreciate anybody that has gone through this path to share experience with me. I don't want to make mistake. What do I need to be careful of?

Thanks
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My employer is not willing to spend a dine, but want they want me to pay for the agent charges which I'm not willing to pay due to high cost. The truth of the matter is that my employer feels that the company is doing me a favour by sponsoring me for ENS, hence I should be responsible for the cost. They gave me the option of doing it by myself.

I will highly appreciate anybody that has gone through this path to share experience with me. I don't want to make mistake. What do I need to be careful of?

Thanks
If the employer is using an agent for their part of the visa, that's their issue and their cost!
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I would think it pretty tricky for you to do the employer part of the application by yourself without an agent. I haven't seen many on BE that have said they did this themselves either.

Normally employers do pay for their part of the process, if your employer thinks they are doing you a favour, well maybe they are. Presumably they have you there on a 457 and are quite happy with that. If you want PR, maybe you need to make this investment.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I read somewhere that the employer's costs are only around $500....if that's correct it's peanuts to get the PR. (sorry can't remember where tho!)