Help...Vetassess paper part (Joiner)

Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Question Help...Vetassess paper part (Joiner)

Hi everyone, My Dad is applying for the vetassess in Joinery, he's just in the early stages of getting everything together for the paper part of the assessment and just wondered if anyone whose already passed could offer some advice? ie. what format to use. Don't know if to write it like an essay with diagrams, photos and certs etc... attached or to duplicate and enlarge the table from the SR 2.4 form, so that all the writing will fit???
Don't know if he should get an agent or if he should go it alone.
We've got all the information together, but just not sure how to compile it.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jade
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

CYGNET will become famous soon enoughCYGNET will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help...Vetassess paper part (Joiner)

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Hi everyone, My Dad is applying for the vetassess in Joinery, he's just in the early stages of getting everything together for the paper part of the assessment and just wondered if anyone whose already passed could offer some advice? ie. what format to use. Don't know if to write it like an essay with diagrams, photos and certs etc... attached or to duplicate and enlarge the table from the SR 2.4 form, so that all the writing will fit???
Don't know if he should get an agent or if he should go it alone.
We've got all the information together, but just not sure how to compile it.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jade
Hi Jade
I wouldn't enlarge the Form, as it says in parts "To give a brief description of " experience etc. We ran out of room & beside the box we put "See Attachement". We typed up explanatory notes & on top of each explanatory note, we put the Number of the question e.g 2.1.
Send as much information as you can, inlcuding references from previous employers. These have to be detailed to show what tasks he did with that particular employer.
All you references, certificates etc will have to be certified if they are copies.
We kept all our originals, as obvioulsy you may need these in the future.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Help...Vetassess paper part (Joiner)

Hi cygnet, thanx for your reply. Did you use an agent for vetassess, or is it straight forward enough to do on your own?
We have everything written on scrap bits of paper and loads of evidence ready to slot in, we just need to organise it now. We are taking on board your good advice, and will ellaborate on each section on an attached sheet.
We did TRA skills assessment last year on our own, passed and have visa. We went to Oz last September to validate our visa. And now with the sale of the house all going through, we have flights booked for the 9th May!!!
So obviously we want to help my Dad as much as we can while we're still here. But vetassess seems alot different to TRA and is newer, so there's not as much help available fom people who've already been through it.
Thanx once again and good luck with everything.
Jade

Originally Posted by CYGNET
Hi Jade
I wouldn't enlarge the Form, as it says in parts "To give a brief description of " experience etc. We ran out of room & beside the box we put "See Attachement". We typed up explanatory notes & on top of each explanatory note, we put the Number of the question e.g 2.1.
Send as much information as you can, inlcuding references from previous employers. These have to be detailed to show what tasks he did with that particular employer.
All you references, certificates etc will have to be certified if they are copies.
We kept all our originals, as obvioulsy you may need these in the future.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi cygnet, thanx for your reply. Did you use an agent for vetassess, or is it straight forward enough to do on your own?
We have everything written on scrap bits of paper and loads of evidence ready to slot in, we just need to organise it now. We are taking on board your good advice, and will ellaborate on each section on an attached sheet.
We did TRA skills assessment last year on our own, passed and have visa. We went to Oz last September to validate our visa. And now with the sale of the house all going through, we have flights booked for the 9th May!!!
So obviously we want to help my Dad as much as we can while we're still here. But vetassess seems alot different to TRA and is newer, so there's not as much help available fom people who've already been through it.
Jade
Hi Jade
I have just passed the Carpentry paper assessment & the only advice i can give is to send as much as you can. I sent a stupid amount of photos with mine showing alot of projects i have done & me using my tools.
I own a carpentry company so it was a bit difficult getting a reference from myself. I also did'nt do an apprenticeship with a company (with my dad) so i could'nt fill that bit of the form in. I did't bother enlarging the Evidence form as most of it was repeated over again on each section. Send copies(certified - very important) of trade licences, qualifications, material accounts held, invoices, tax forms & anything else you can think of. I think a reference from his employer is quite a BIG thing. If self employed get someone he has done work for to write a glowing reference.
You say you have all your evidence ready & everything else on scraps of paper.What do you mean by "everything". I don't think you really need much more than you already have by the sounds of it (maybe a few photo's).
Any other queries PM me.
Cheers
Stuart
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Other evidence to submit can be the following

p60's
p45's
contracts of employment
job cards/reports

i sent the above and a brief discription of what i do in my trade aswell as certified copies of all certificate and vetassess accepted these, no probs.

i didnt send any photos of me working or any references

but entiley up to you what you send

good luck

doc
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

CYGNET will become famous soon enoughCYGNET will become famous soon enough

Jade
Hi
Wow, So your off on the 9th may to validate. I'm Soooooo jealous. We can't wait to get there. We didn't use an agent, I don't think you need one, as you would still have to get the paperwork together yourselves anyway.

There is plenty of help on the vetassess Website also. Just print out all the forms & the questions will give you an idea of what you need to attach.

The more info you have the better, so attach everything realted to your Dad's experience. My OH did lots of training courses e.g has licence to Drive Cherry Picker, etc, so we attached all that sort of thing.