Wikiposts

Help with Scottish police checks.

Old May 23rd 2006, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Help with Scottish police checks.

Hi there, I am looking for some advice regarding my police checks. I am in Scotland and have recieved my certificates , however I am worried that they may not be National checks. My checks have come from the Scottish Criminal Record Office Computer. Is this a National check ?
Your thoughts on this matter would help me greatly.
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice
Default Re: Help with Scottish police checks.

Hi
no they are not the new Scotland yard one's you will get them shortly after you got the Scottish one,s

Billy
Old May 23rd 2006, 11:46 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Hi There,

You are looking for both PNC (Police National Computer,which covers the whole of the UK,) and SCRO (Scottish Criminal Records Office,) which just covers Scotland.

You will need both of these.

Sounds like you have your SCRO check back, but whether you recieve a PNC check result from London depends on whether ou requested it. They will not send you one unless you requested it (data protection etc.)

Where in Scotland do you live? I am a cop from Lothian & Borders Police which covers Edinburgh. I know with the L&B request form you have a PNC box which you have to tick, and an SCRO box which you have to tick (assuming you want them.) The PNC checks usually take a little longer to recieve than the SCRO, as these ones (SCRO,) are done by the force where you submitted the application (PNC checks go down to London.) I think PNC checks can take up to three months or so to get a reply.

If i can do anything else to help just let me know.
Old May 24th 2006, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by R.Soper
Hi There,

I think PNC checks can take up to three months or so to get a reply.
I'm sure the form you use to request the check states on it that you will get a reply within 40 days. I would hope that timescale applies to all checks.

I did request both the scottish and "national" check

I put the forms into the local station on 16th May - no reply as yet but it's early days

AL
Old May 24th 2006, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
I'm sure the form you use to request the check states on it that you will get a reply within 40 days. I would hope that timescale applies to all checks.

I put the forms into the local station on 16th May - no reply as yet but it's early days

AL

Yes all requests for anything with regards to data held about you from anywhere have to be back in no more than 40 days by law and the most anyone can charge you for it is £10
Old May 25th 2006, 1:06 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Help with Scottish police checks.

Originally Posted by lang81
Hi there, I am looking for some advice regarding my police checks. I am in Scotland and have recieved my certificates , however I am worried that they may not be National checks. My checks have come from the Scottish Criminal Record Office Computer. Is this a National check ?
Your thoughts on this matter would help me greatly.
Hi, we organised our police checks before they were requested - big mistake, we ordered both scottish and national on advice of police officer (scottish ones took 3 days, national took nearly 4 weeks), when we got our PCC request the week after we applied for them the DIMIA only asked for Scottish ones as we have only ever lived in Scotland, so we wasted another 3 weeks waiting for the national checks. So if you have only ever lived in Scotland I think you only need the Scottish one. Or just get both to be on the safe side. If unsure just wait for the request. Hope this helps.
Clairex
Old May 25th 2006, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by belleandscone
the DIMIA only asked for Scottish ones as we have only ever lived in Scotland
Clairex
The request from my case officer stated

"police clearance certificate from every country that the the applicants have lived in......"

I have only ever lived in Scotland but I requested both Scottish and "National" because others on the forum has recommended it.

I'm not sure if the National one would have information that the Scottish one doesn't

I think it's safer to get both - better to have more information than not enough

AL
Old May 25th 2006, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
We submitted the new Scotland yard PCCs with our application last June and it was accepted we were told by agent not to bother sending the Scottish ones and to keep a hold off them
Because of a hiccup with employment reference we are having to submit our police checks again i applied for them on 25th may and i got my Scottish police checks today but again my agent has said just to hold on to them but when the new Scotland yard ones come in to send them to her

Billy & Vicki
Old May 25th 2006, 3:08 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

You need police checks for every country you have lived in for over twelve months. I guess it is a bit of a grey area with Scotland, because it is its own country so to speak, yet still part of the United Kingdom.

It is the SCRO (Scottish Criminal Records Office) checks which cover Scotland, PNC (Police National Computer,) which cover the United Kingdom in its entirety. You could for example commit an offence on a visit to England, which would be recorded on PNC, but not SCRO.

I can't speak for other Scottish forces, but if you apply for the checks through Lothian & Borders Police, you get the results seperately. The SCRO check is conducted and posted to you locally from Edinburgh, so you get this quite quickly. The PNC check requests are sent to London, and completed down there. The results are sent to you from London as soon as they are completed. Therfore, if you go ahead and request both checks, waiting for the result of the PNC check will not delay the result of the SCRO check getting to you.

Hope this helps.
Old May 25th 2006, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Help with Scottish police checks.

AL
Hi I have my police checks back,it took less then 10 days,not bad ! just got the medical on 14 to do.
John
Old May 25th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi John
was it the scottish police check you got back or the national one's

Cheers
Billy
Old May 25th 2006, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi John
was it the scottish police check you got back or the national one's

Cheers
Billy
Sorry I should have said which one ,it was the national one.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:15 am
Just Joined

darius71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent on 3rd May - still no answer.
Old May 25th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi
i got my Scottish police check back yesterday and it states i have a asthma and a asthma pendant i have never had asthma i have phoned the local police dept and they have said i can write to them and they will then take that bit off info off
now my query is do the new Scotland yard have health info on as if it on the Scottish one will it be on the n.s.y. checks ????

Billy & Vicki
Old May 25th 2006, 10:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
i got my Scottish police check back yesterday and it states i have a asthma and a asthma pendant i have never had asthma i have phoned the local police dept and they have said i can write to them and they will then take that bit off info off
now my query is do the new Scotland yard have health info on as if it on the Scottish one will it be on the n.s.y. checks ????

Billy & Vicki
Is that all thats on there? If they are just hiolding tnat information you have the right to ask them why that info is on there!
NSY would only have that info on file if you have a record, and even then if should not be released as part of the record check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.