British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   HELP PLEASE? ACK'd AND FILE REFERENCE numbers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/help-please-ackd-file-reference-numbers-549577/)

kurrikurri Jul 17th 2008 12:28 pm

HELP PLEASE? ACK'd AND FILE REFERENCE numbers

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP? I AM STARTING TO PANIC IMMENSELY !!

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO EMAIL AND RING OUR EMIGRATION AGENT FOR OUR REFERENCE NUMBERS ETC, BUT THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN FORTHCOMING WITH THEM. THEY SAY THE PAPERS WERE LODGED IN FEBRUARY 08 BUT I WANT PROOF. I HAVE EMAILED THEM AGAIN SEVERAL TIMES THIS WEEK AND HAVE TRIED RINGING BUT NO ANSWER TO ANY. NOW I AM GETTING PARANOID THAT THEY HAVE DONE A BUNK WITH ALL OUR CERTIFICATES, MONEY AND HAVE NOT LODGED OUR APPLICATION. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIND THE REFERENCE NUMBERS I NEED ?????

I AM SO WORRIED, MAYBE I AM OVER REACTING, BUT I JUST CANNOT SEEM TO GET ANYTHING OUT OF THEM. THE AGENT SAID SHE HAD POSTED BITS TO ME FRIDAY GONE FIRST CLASS, BUT TO DATE, NEARLY A WEEK ON, I STILL HAVENT REC'D ANYTHING. I AM STARTING TO GET VERY SUSPICIOUS AND VERY WORRIED ABOUT THE WHOLE ASPECT.

HELP!

Annehe28 Jul 17th 2008 2:05 pm

Re: HELP PLEASE? ACK'd AND FILE REFERENCE numbers

Originally Posted by kurrikurri (Post 6580634)
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP? I AM STARTING TO PANIC IMMENSELY !!

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO EMAIL AND RING OUR EMIGRATION AGENT FOR OUR REFERENCE NUMBERS ETC, BUT THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN FORTHCOMING WITH THEM. THEY SAY THE PAPERS WERE LODGED IN FEBRUARY 08 BUT I WANT PROOF. I HAVE EMAILED THEM AGAIN SEVERAL TIMES THIS WEEK AND HAVE TRIED RINGING BUT NO ANSWER TO ANY. NOW I AM GETTING PARANOID THAT THEY HAVE DONE A BUNK WITH ALL OUR CERTIFICATES, MONEY AND HAVE NOT LODGED OUR APPLICATION. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIND THE REFERENCE NUMBERS I NEED ?????

I AM SO WORRIED, MAYBE I AM OVER REACTING, BUT I JUST CANNOT SEEM TO GET ANYTHING OUT OF THEM. THE AGENT SAID SHE HAD POSTED BITS TO ME FRIDAY GONE FIRST CLASS, BUT TO DATE, NEARLY A WEEK ON, I STILL HAVENT REC'D ANYTHING. I AM STARTING TO GET VERY SUSPICIOUS AND VERY WORRIED ABOUT THE WHOLE ASPECT.

HELP!

My agent is also not very forthcoming with any reference as well I lodged in Jan 08. Has the money for visa been paid?? Mine was taken the same day so i know its been lodged. But I'm still trying to get reference numbers out of them.
Some people say you can contact DIAC and give the main app passport number and name and they'll be able to help you that way. This is from what I've read. Someone will most probably give you a better answer later.

Hope you get things sorted

kurrikurri Jul 17th 2008 2:13 pm

Hi, yes we have paid all money due, but nothing has come on to my credit card yet from the Australian Government.

What is more concerning is - I am beside myself so rang the Australian embassay in London to see if they could help. The guy there was very nice. I didnt care that it cost £1 per minute, as long as I got the info I was after.

After giving our names, he did a search and said he cannot find us. Can you imagine how I felt. I was gobsmacked. Because we are going in on a skilled visa, it would have gone to Adelaide, but should be on the system within about 3 weeks. This was 5 months ago.

Out of the blue an email came from my emigration company saying no to worry the application was in and the waiting game was part of the process. I have emailed them back saying please supply details because the Australian embassay dont have our details. I will give them until tomorrow - i will have to calm down. I am up aheight. I have already rang IELTS and my SVQ IV company to see if I can get duplicate certificates etc etc.

I am going to ring Adelaide tonight to see if they confirm what the embassay say here. God this is so awful.

Annehe28 Jul 17th 2008 2:25 pm

Good luck with it all.
I paid on credit card and i saw the payment the within a day being applied to the account it took a few days to clear though.
We go through so much and this happens. I hope everything gets sorted.
All the best with contacting DIAC let us know how you get on.

Anne

kurrikurri Jul 17th 2008 2:27 pm

Thank you. How far are you with your application? Where are you heading to? What kind of visa and what kind of work do you do?

Annehe28 Jul 17th 2008 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by kurrikurri (Post 6581122)
Thank you. How far are you with your application? Where are you heading to? What kind of visa and what kind of work do you do?

Hi
I applied end Jan 08 175, I'm a hairdresser. Still waiting a CO. We're going to Adelaide. My parents live there, so we're going to move in with them till we get sorted.
I'm getting fed up with waiting.

kurrikurri Jul 17th 2008 2:41 pm

My husband is a roofer, we looking to going into NSW about 2 hours north of Syndey - if we can make it ! At this rate, if our application hasnt gone in and we have to apply again, getting duplicate bits and pieces, my husband is 45 turn of 2009.

Hope the Gov have made a mistake or there is some explanation to it all !

shar07 Jul 17th 2008 2:58 pm

Hi seems very strange to me that the money has not come out yet, our 176 was lodged one day and then money taken almost immediately, was yours an online application or paper based ? Is your agent close by because I would be tempted to go straight to the office and see whats going on. I really hope you can sort this out and good luck.

Annehe28 Jul 17th 2008 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by kurrikurri (Post 6581193)
My husband is a roofer, we looking to going into NSW about 2 hours north of Syndey - if we can make it ! At this rate, if our application hasnt gone in and we have to apply again, getting duplicate bits and pieces, my husband is 45 turn of 2009.

Hope the Gov have made a mistake or there is some explanation to it all

!

I had to get duplicates of my certificates as i had miss placed them it cost me about £35 each. I had NVQ 2 & 3. But i must say i had them with in 2 weeks.
Good luck

Anne

kurrikurri Jul 17th 2008 3:09 pm

I dont know how they applied. No, they are not close 200 miles away. If we have to go up, we will. This is just a nightmare.