Help needed!!

Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

tonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the rough
Default Help needed!!

Hi we have been here once before a few years ago, paid £5,500 for a visa which never came as img took HGV drivers off the skills list. Well anyway we have moved to NZ but only with a one year visa what a blow. Anyway I was doing a little searching and found out we might be able to get PR in OZ if I come in as a cook 4513-11 tra 60 on a 175 visa would this be correct? if so I have also got my 7061 and 2 which is getting assessed, also one year working experience within two years, work refs, letters from school, doctors, etc. Does anyone know how long this visa takes from start to finish? Thanks.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed!!

Originally Posted by tonydu
Hi we have been here once before a few years ago, paid £5,500 for a visa which never came as img took HGV drivers off the skills list. Well anyway we have moved to NZ but only with a one year visa what a blow. Anyway I was doing a little searching and found out we might be able to get PR in OZ if I come in as a cook 4513-11 tra 60 on a 175 visa would this be correct? if so I have also got my 7061 and 2 which is getting assessed, also one year working experience within two years, work refs, letters from school, doctors, etc. Does anyone know how long this visa takes from start to finish? Thanks.
Are cooks still on the list? If so, and you are looking at a 175 visa you can count on at least a year, maybe up to 3 for a visa.

Do you have recent experience so you can claim points as a cook? Take a good long read of www.immi.gov.au or spend a few $$ on a consultation with a migration agent.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

tonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help needed!!

Thanks for that info not what I was expecting though. I do have recent experience but with the info you have given me hubby dont want to spend more money on a visa unless we get PR somewhere and to pay someone to do our work then might be let down again is a big risk, once bitten and all that. Thanks for that at least we know.