Wikiposts

Help Needed

Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Help Needed

Hello,

I've just checked online with vetassess and my assessment result is negative, though I've not received the letter yet.

I applied under the Office Manager Occupation, the the requirement for that was a AQF diploma. I have a English CMI Diploma Level 5 in Management and NVQ Level 4 in Management. I thought that these were at least an equivalent?

What are my chances if a appeal? Should I get an agent, rather than apply on my own?

Thanks
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help Needed

Originally Posted by wats123
Hello,

I've just checked online with vetassess and my assessment result is negative, though I've not received the letter yet.

I applied under the Office Manager Occupation, the the requirement for that was a AQF diploma. I have a English CMI Diploma Level 5 in Management and NVQ Level 4 in Management. I thought that these were at least an equivalent?

What are my chances if a appeal? Should I get an agent, rather than apply on my own?

Thanks
Sorry to hear about your vetassess result - it's a bummer isn't it.

My honest opinion is that you should engage and agent to get you through. It's so difficult to do on your own.

Maybe when you do receive the offical notice from vetassess it will detail the area that they failed you on and you may be able to address that particular issue and appeal.

I have to admit we engaged an agent for everything and if I had my time all over again I would do the exact same thing.

Why not have a chat with George Lombard, Alan Collett or Tony Coates. They are agents who post on here regularly and often give advise for free. You have nothing to lose by doing this but you may have everything to gain.

Good luck.

Trish
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Thanks Trish, will do that. I thought it would be easier to do on my own!:curse:
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:11 am
Just Joined

CHADDERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Trish

This is my first post, but I have been snooping around site for awhile,

Sorry to hear about your result from vetassess, I also had a negative result against office manager.:curse:

I am currently studing the Diploma at level 5, this is equivalent to HND which I know from previous posts has met the criteria, hope I'm not wasting my time! I haven't got a lot as I will be 44 by the time I get this qualificiation!

I would be very interested to know how you get on.

Good luck.

Cheryl
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Sorry for addressing to wrong person, and spelling mistake.

1st post and managed to mess that up, long day, head spinning, need to go home.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CHADDERS
Sorry for addressing to wrong person, and spelling mistake.

1st post and managed to mess that up, long day, head spinning, need to go home.
Don't worry about it - it happens everyone at some time or another.

Trish
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CHADDERS
Hi Trish

This is my first post, but I have been snooping around site for awhile,

Sorry to hear about your result from vetassess, I also had a negative result against office manager.:curse:

I am currently studing the Diploma at level 5, this is equivalent to HND which I know from previous posts has met the criteria, hope I'm not wasting my time! I haven't got a lot as I will be 44 by the time I get this qualificiation!

I would be very interested to know how you get on.

Good luck.

Cheryl
Hi Cheryl,

It may be worthwhile to speak with a consultant, at least to find out if your qualifications will be sufficient (and your work experience sufficient for the DIAC application).

Our consultants will offer a free assessment, feel free to call or email.

Best regards,
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wats123
Hello,

What's a "CMI Diploma"? Is it accredited on the United Kingdom National Qualifications Framework?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

The CMI is Chartered Management Institute they are accredited on the UK qualifications framework.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

I queried this with Vetassess and the online system was showing an incorrect result and my assessment was positive.

Can start the ball rolling now with the visa!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Well done and congratulations

There is hope for me yet!

Good luck with your visa application.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Chadders !

Good luck with your diploma.