Help with medical

Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Jenval is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with medical

Hi, I've found a good clinic to carry out my tests for a spouse visa, but I'm not sure if I should get in touch with the High Commission before I carry out these tests. I was going to collect information like this and the police clearances myself and then present them all at once, but I notice on the medical form its says the medical examiner must seal your notes and send them to the high commission - so surely in that case I would need a case number from the high commission before I even begin? Sorry if this is going over old ground, but I'd appreciate some advice!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help with medical

Originally Posted by Jenval
Hi, I've found a good clinic to carry out my tests for a spouse visa, but I'm not sure if I should get in touch with the High Commission before I carry out these tests. I was going to collect information like this and the police clearances myself and then present them all at once, but I notice on the medical form its says the medical examiner must seal your notes and send them to the high commission - so surely in that case I would need a case number from the high commission before I even begin? Sorry if this is going over old ground, but I'd appreciate some advice!
Sorry, Jenval - know very little about spouse visa, but certainly for meds in general you don't get to see them at all and doctor sends them to Sydney (but thats for Independent Skilled - it might be different for Spouse Visa) direct. Don't recommend that you send them without file number though because its far too easy for them to go astray. Hope this helps. Michelle
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:31 am
Just Joined

It seems unfair that you don't get to see your own notes you've just paid £200 for - it could be useful, after all! Thanks for the response. If anyone else can help, I'd appreciate it.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

DSC_AU will become famous soon enoughDSC_AU will become famous soon enough

http://www.australia-migration.com/p...pouse_visas/86
Hope this info can help you guys
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Thank you. I've sent off for my police clearances and I'm going to send off my 47SP and 40SP forms to the Australian High Commission, wait for them to get back to me with a case number and THEN approach the clinic for the medical. If anyone thinks that's an awful idea (!) I'd love to hear why.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Thank you. I've sent off for my police clearances and I'm going to send off my 47SP and 40SP forms to the Australian High Commission, wait for them to get back to me with a case number and THEN approach the clinic for the medical. If anyone thinks that's an awful idea (!) I'd love to hear why.
Hi jenval, Im having the same dilemma. have just booked my medical today but have then realised that you need a case number too.

What did you decide on in the end?

Cheers

Van
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi! I still haven't applied (I'm waiting for friends to return their testimonies) but I had decided to apply first and then wait for them to tell me to go ahead with the medical. I fished for advice on a few forums, and that seemed to be the go. It depends how much of a rush you're in, I suppose - I've got at least six months before I want to ship off, so I figure I can afford to do it this way (it's a marriage visa). Hope this helps!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Hi! I still haven't applied (I'm waiting for friends to return their testimonies) but I had decided to apply first and then wait for them to tell me to go ahead with the medical. I fished for advice on a few forums, and that seemed to be the go. It depends how much of a rush you're in, I suppose - I've got at least six months before I want to ship off, so I figure I can afford to do it this way (it's a marriage visa). Hope this helps!
Hi there. Yep ive just done a bit of searching too and it seems that is the best way to do it. We should get an email through once our money has been debited saying what our case number is. Mine is a de-facto so I think it is similar to yours.

Good luck with it all.

Van
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:36 am
Just Joined

"We should get an email through once our money has been debited saying what our case number is."

Oh, that's useful to know - I was wondering how you hear from them. Thanks and good luck!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:32 pm
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

"We should get an email through once our money has been debited saying what our case number is."

Oh, that's useful to know - I was wondering how you hear from them. Thanks and good luck!
I applied for De-Facto Spouse visa in June. I front loaded my application and medical (without a file number). I did not get an email from DIMIA telling me a case number. The first communication I got from them was a letter telling me the application was succesful along with my passport with the visa sticker in it.

Wendy
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:41 pm

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to say that if you check out the Timeline website then you can do search for spouse visas to get an idea of the processing times. You will see that turnaround in the UK is usually very quick, and a lot of people front load their applications. The addy is: www.austimeline.com

Wendy
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Wow, that's interesting news! I was going to do that, but I contacted one of the clinics on the list and they told me to get a case number first. So did the clinic give you your notes instead of posting them to DIMIA? I'd prefer that - I'd like to know what's in them!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:49 am

Wow, that's interesting news! I was going to do that, but I contacted one of the clinics on the list and they told me to get a case number first. So did the clinic give you your notes instead of posting them to DIMIA? I'd prefer that - I'd like to know what's in them!
The doctor is not supposed to give you your medical forms back. They must send them direct to DIMIA. The doctor will usually tell you if they think there is a problem and you could always try asking them if you are worried about something in particular. I had high blood pressure at my medical and the doctor told me this. I then had to get some extra tests done at my own GP's surgery and the results were sent with my medical forms.

I explained to the doctor doing my medical that I did not need a case number because I was applying for a Spouse Visa which meant I could front load the application without a case number. The doctor then posted my application directly to DIMIA in London for me.

A lot of the panel doctors ask for a case number probably because they do more medicals for skilled visas, etc which take much longer to process and would definitley require a case number I think.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Oh, I see. I'm just concerned that if they post off my notes without a case number DIMIA may lose them! Thanks for the input, that's really helpful.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:54 am

Oh, I see. I'm just concerned that if they post off my notes without a case number DIMIA may lose them! Thanks for the input, that's really helpful.
I was worried about that too. But I was assured by others on this forum that it was perfectly ok to send the medical without the case number as DIMIA are very good at matching up the medical with your application. I certainly had no problems at all front loading my application in this way and I know many others have done the same thing.