Wikiposts

Help in filling up FORM47SP

Old Dec 21st 2004, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Mika74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help in filling up FORM47SP

G'day to all,

I'm in the midst of preparing the required documents for a onshore spouse visa application 820 and I've having some problems with the questions.

Can someone please shed some light on the following question:
PART B/Q9:
Have you or any dependent family members previously been to australia, HELD or CURRENTLY HOLD a visa for travel to Australia?

As I've previously stayed in Australia as a student, do I need to list those student visas details or only the visa I currently hold? (I'm on a WHM visa at the moment)

Sounds daft but I'm trying to make sure that the tons and tons of information required by the aussie immigration are all in the first time round. I'm hoping like some of the forumers here who got their spouse visa on the spot the first time round.

Btw, does anyone have any templates for the applicant and sponsor's statement?
kindly appreciate any help.
Cheers
Mika.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 3:46 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Help in filling up FORM47SP

Originally Posted by Mika74
G'day to all,

I'm in the midst of preparing the required documents for a onshore spouse visa application 820 and I've having some problems with the questions.

PART B/Q9:
Have you or any dependent family members previously been to australia, HELD or CURRENTLY HOLD a visa for travel to Australia?

As I've previously stayed in Australia as a student, do I need to list those student visas details or only the visa I currently hold? (I'm on a WHM visa at the moment)

Sounds daft but I'm trying to make sure that the tons and tons of information required by the aussie immigration are all in the first time round. I'm hoping like some of the forumers here who got their spouse visa on the spot the first time round.

kindly appreciate any help.
Cheers
Mika.

Hi Mika

Welcome to the forum!

There's no template for your own statements, just write them out. Make sure your Aussie Stat Dec's are on Form 888 & if you have any from your own country (are you English?) there's usually a template. I have the English one if you need it.

I believe you need to list all visa's held. I'd had just an ETA & a WHV and I listed both of those.

It's not daft to try and get it all in at once, just sensible!

Good Luck
Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:07 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

PART B/Q9:
<snip>
Mika

List out all visas you hold and held.

If you go through the Partner Migration Booklet and address all the points that DIMIA look for there, you will be fine. You don't really need a template for those statements.

Peter
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Mika74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Help in filling up FORM47SP

Hi Mlbonner & PTlabs,

Thanks for the Warm Welcome and fast reply!

Another quick question on the stat dec., you mentioned about stat dec. from our own country; is it a absolute requirement? Well I'm not from a english speaking country. I'm from Japan, I can get my family members/ friends to write a stat dec/letter about my relationship with the hubby but its really gonna be expensive to get it translated into english. The Naati translators over here in brisbane charged me 50 aud for translating a 20 words birth certificate so imagine how much its gonna cost just for one letter.

But my hubby is from Singapore. He's a PR here. Does it help if he gets stat dec from his side? I don't think his letters/statements will need any translations; they speak english there. But its so difficult to understand what they are talking at times esp with their own Singlish and the speed they rattle off. some of the aussies are just as bad, with the deep nasal kinda' accent and slang. Hehehe.. but i've seem to gotten used to them though...over time i meant.

I'm veering off too much here.. back to question.
I've entered Aust. on a tourist ETA a coupla'times as well, but there's no visa label to evidence them except the arrival and departure dates on the passport. Do i leave them out on Q.9, with the exception of those visas which are evidenced by the visa labels?

thanks and really appreciate the help.
cheers
Mika.

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hi Mika

Welcome to the forum!

There's no template for your own statements, just write them out. Make sure your Aussie Stat Dec's are on Form 888 & if you have any from your own country (are you English?) there's usually a template. I have the English one if you need it.

I believe you need to list all visa's held. I'd had just an ETA & a WHV and I listed both of those.

It's not daft to try and get it all in at once, just sensible!

Good Luck
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 5:41 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi Mlbonner & PTlabs,

Thanks for the Warm Welcome and fast reply!

Another quick question on the stat dec., you mentioned about stat dec. from our own country; is it a absolute requirement? Well I'm not from a english speaking country. I'm from Japan, I can get my family members/ friends to write a stat dec/letter about my relationship with the hubby but its really gonna be expensive to get it translated into english. The Naati translators over here in brisbane charged me 50 aud for translating a 20 words birth certificate so imagine how much its gonna cost just for one letter.

But my hubby is from Singapore. He's a PR here. Does it help if he gets stat dec from his side? I don't think his letters/statements will need any translations; they speak english there. But its so difficult to understand what they are talking at times esp with their own Singlish and the speed they rattle off. some of the aussies are just as bad, with the deep nasal kinda' accent and slang. Hehehe.. but i've seem to gotten used to them though...over time i meant.

I'm veering off too much here.. back to question.
I've entered Aust. on a tourist ETA a coupla'times as well, but there's no visa label to evidence them except the arrival and departure dates on the passport. Do i leave them out on Q.9, with the exception of those visas which are evidenced by the visa labels?

thanks and really appreciate the help.
cheers
Mika.

Hi Mika,

The requirement is two Australian (ie form 888) stat decs as a minimum, with these you also need to send proof that they're Australia, ie. passport page/birth cert certified copy. Anything more than that is a bonus, and obviously depends how strong your other evidence is.

I think for my ETA I just put down the rough dates of when I was in OZ. Don't forget, you'll need an OZ police check as well as a Japanese one if you've been in OZ for more than 12months in total in the past 10 years!