British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Help on degrees assessment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/help-degrees-assessment-828163/)

QLDlover Mar 11th 2014 2:45 am

Help on degrees assessment

Hi

A friend of mine is just starting his immigration process. He is an industrial engineer with 15 years of experience and has to get his degrees assessed through CDR method.
The issue is that he does not exactly know with which assessing body and which occupation ( Engineers Australia as an industrial engineer or something else like manager) he has to apply , because he worked as an Industrial engineer for a couple of years and then promoted as a manager for a group of industrial engineers. So his current work experience letter will be issued as a manager and the old one will be as an Industrial engineer.

I would greatly appreciate any helps.

Cheers

old.sparkles Mar 11th 2014 3:20 am

Re: Help on degrees assessment

Originally Posted by QLDlover (Post 11167220)
Hi

A friend of mine is just starting his immigration process. He is an industrial engineer with 15 years of experience and has to get his degrees assessed through CDR method.
The issue is that he does not exactly know with which department ( Engineers Australia or something else) he has to apply , because he worked as an Industrial engineer for a couple of years and then promoted as a manager for a group of industrial engineers. So his current work experience letter will be issued as a manager and the old one will be as an Industrial engineer.

I would greatly appreciate any helps.

Cheers

What occupation is your friend applying under? The assessing body is based on occupation.

QLDlover Mar 11th 2014 3:29 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 11167245)
What occupation is your friend applying under? The assessing body is based on occupation.

Hi
That is what he wants to know. Should apply for industrial engineer or manager ?

old.sparkles Mar 11th 2014 3:43 am

Originally Posted by QLDlover (Post 11167252)
Hi
That is what he wants to know. Should apply for industrial engineer or manager ?

I would check and see which are on the CSOL, what the duties and responsibilities of both roles are, if I can satisfy the requirements of one of skills assessment for the occupations and go with that.

msmyrtle Mar 11th 2014 8:54 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 11167245)

Engineers Australia assesses both Industrial Engineers and Engineering Managers

QLDlover Mar 11th 2014 10:45 am

Originally Posted by msmyrtle (Post 11167440)
Engineers Australia assesses both Industrial Engineers and Engineering Managers

Since he worked as industrial engineer and then promoted to manager, can he claim his work experience if he is assessed as an engineering manager and vise versa?

old.sparkles Mar 11th 2014 10:48 am

Originally Posted by QLDlover (Post 11167604)
Since he worked as industrial engineer and then promoted to manager, can he claim his work experience if he is assessed as an engineering manager and vise versa?

points are awarded for experience in the nominated occupation, and closely related. I would be wary since they are in different occupation groups, but EA could offer advice before points are claimed.