Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Help with choosing right visa or holiday visa?

Help with choosing right visa or holiday visa?

Old Jul 21st 2015, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

am1086 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help with choosing right visa or holiday visa?

Hi All,

I'm just writing to ask for advice on which visa i should apply for as I've got family which will support me out in Brisbane as well work offers their too just don't know where too start?

thanks
Old Jul 21st 2015, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with choosing right visa or holiday visa?

That's one of those piece of string questions - how old are you? what skills do you have? If you intend to work you will need a visa which allows you to work - a holiday/tourist visa will not cut it!
Old Jul 21st 2015, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Im 28 with 10 years experience in stone masonry and construction i do intend to work out in Australia and stay with family who have said they will support me while Im out there.

Im just wondering weather a working holiday visa will do because i intend to immigrate out their in the near future with my wife and son?
Old Jul 21st 2015, 8:45 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by am1086
Im 28 with 10 years experience in stone masonry and construction i do intend to work out in Australia and stay with family who have said they will support me while Im out there.

Im just wondering weather a working holiday visa will do because i intend to immigrate out their in the near future with my wife and son?
With WHV you cannot have a dependant in the country, so if you chose this route, your son would have to remain outside Australia. You can also only work for an employer for a maximum of 6 months.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Lizzie88 is an unknown quantity at this point

The whole idea behind the WHV is that you're primary reason for being in the country is to travel/holiday, and you can work in order to supplement this. If your trade is on the Skilled Occupation List, you could be eligible for a 457 temporary work visa. This could be a better option for you.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

thanks a lot every everyone i will definitely look into the 457 temporary work visa
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 11:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a lot every everyone i will definitely look into the 457 temporary work visa
Do you have an eligible sponsor? And don't forget that the 457 is temporary.
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you have an eligible sponsor? And don't forget that the 457 is temporary.
Not only temporary but also devoid of benefits payments and possibly liable for education costs - not really a good visa for anyone with a family!