Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Help - Certified documents for ACS/binding question

Wikiposts

Help - Certified documents for ACS/binding question

Old May 29th 2006, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

SEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really nice
Default Help - Certified documents for ACS/binding question

Hi,

I've been in contact with a number of solicitors in order to get my documents certified. However they keep asking me if they can "bind" the Certified documents or not. According to the solocitors - the price is _much_ more expensive if I do now accept "binding", therefore my question.

I've been told that DIMA does not accept certified copies in binding - does anyone know if ACS will accept this (there is no mention of this on their website) ?

Thanks,
Andy
Old May 29th 2006, 5:10 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help - Certified documents for ACS/binding question

Originally Posted by SEAndy
Hi,

I've been in contact with a number of solicitors in order to get my documents certified. However they keep asking me if they can "bind" the Certified documents or not. According to the solocitors - the price is _much_ more expensive if I do now accept "binding", therefore my question.

I've been told that DIMA does not accept certified copies in binding - does anyone know if ACS will accept this (there is no mention of this on their website) ?

Thanks,
Andy
Andy

I am at the same stage as you. I have been to several solicitors, but have been advised to go to the JP at the local magistrates, they will certify the lot for £8. Not sure about the binding question though, I was told to hole punch everything and paperclip things together.

Good luck
Mark
Old May 29th 2006, 5:13 am
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help - Certified documents for ACS/binding question

Originally Posted by SEAndy
Hi,

Thanks,
Andy
Short and sweet advice: Don't get any certified copies of documents bound.

Thanks

Heading South