Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

help...Attached Documents online to 175 VISA

Wikiposts

help...Attached Documents online to 175 VISA

Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Dhanuka is an unknown quantity at this point
Question help...Attached Documents online to 175 VISA

i have attached the docs in the checklist. but i didnt see the clause saying that the file names should be without spaces. i attached with spaces in file names. would this affect my application. will i have to attach all documents again( not possible since quota would be over).

please help
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:03 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help...Attached Documents online to 175 VISA

Originally Posted by Dhanuka
i have attached the docs in the checklist. but i didnt see the clause saying that the file names should be without spaces. i attached with spaces in file names. would this affect my application. will i have to attach all documents again( not possible since quota would be over).

please help
I did this, accidently, and decided it best to change the file names and upload again....
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

lalitahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I did this, accidently, and decided it best to change the file names and upload again....
Hi,
Can you please suggest how should we name our docs. e.g. me and my wife have passport. So while attaching pages of passport what should we name our files.

I hope I am making sense

Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lalitahuja
Hi,
Can you please suggest how should we name our docs. e.g. me and my wife have passport. So while attaching pages of passport what should we name our files.

I hope I am making sense

passportwife or passporthername

passporthusband or passportyourname

~??? I'm no expert lol
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

passportwife or passporthername

passporthusband or passportyourname

~??? I'm no expert lol
Aha ! That's look fine.

You already an expert. See your posts (1087 )

Thnx for your suggestion
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:16 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Aha ! That's look fine.

You already an expert. See your posts (1087 )

Thnx for your suggestion
Some would call me an expert, others would say I'm obsessed with this whole process, I'd tend to agree with the latter!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Hi,

I hope I am making sense

if you want to keep the filenames easily readable, use an underscore as a separator. Press SHIFT and 0 for a '_'

passport_firstname_surname

very readable, and one of the suggestions on the immi website.

When naming your files to be attached to an eVisa application only use numbers 0 - 9 and letters A - Z (upper and lower case), dashes '-' and underscores '_'.
Al

Last edited by al_and_lucy; Apr 16th 2009 at 2:33 am.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:24 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by al_and_lucy
if you want to keep the filenames easily readable, use an underscore to as a separator. Press SHIFT and 0 for a '_'

Al
Yeah i actually think i did that for some too....
Old Apr 16th 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by al_and_lucy
if you want to keep the filenames easily readable, use an underscore as a separator. Press SHIFT and 0 for a '_'

Al

Thanks al_and_lucy.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dhanuka is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the reply. but in my case it is impossible to reupload them again as quota exceeded. would this be a problem. if names with spaces, cant they read them.