Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

help-Is 6 months course from TAFE a Trade Qualification

Wikiposts

help-Is 6 months course from TAFE a Trade Qualification

Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

bobbysambhy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help-Is 6 months course from TAFE a Trade Qualification

I applied for 2.5 yrs Advance Diploma in Electronics but got the offer with the Recognition of the Prior Learning(without my consultation or request) of 1 yr making the course 1.5 yrs long. Now I am 6 months short of 2 yrs study requirement.

I can pick up a 6 months course in a close connection with the diploma and complete 2 yrs. As it says that 2 or more educations have to be a degree, diploma or trade qualification, it seems to me that a course from TAFE is a trade qualification automatically. In any case one of these educations is a diploma. PLease correct me, if wrong.

Other option seems that after reaching there I request TAFE to cancel some of the subject from the RPL.(which I requested them from here but to no avail as they were taking so long to make me think of loosing valuable time required for visa and all and had to accept the 1.5 yrs offer).

Or will my failing in one semester and redoing it be of any help?

Or after completing 1.5 yrs, I take up a job. Getting a job looks easy as mine is a MODL occupation. And after getting an yr's experience I will be eligible for the Immigratio application.

Ppl in a position to help are thanked in advance.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help-Is 6 months course from TAFE a Trade Qualification

Hi Bobby

I don't think the short 6 month course will do unless you can get another award of Diploma after doing extra units.

I think the best advice, in the absence of all the facts of your case, is to suggest that this can be sorted after you arrive, the obvious solution being that you insist that you wish to sit some of the units that you have been exempted from so that your course becomes the required duration. Seek Registered Migration Advice soon after arrival on this and also to confirm any eligibility as there may be other hurdles to the PR process e.g.whether your Diploma will get you recognised by the relevant skills authority for 60 points ( assuming you have no relatives in Australia to sponsor you).

Regards

Tony

Originally Posted by bobbysambhy
I applied for 2.5 yrs Advance Diploma in Electronics but got the offer with the Recognition of the Prior Learning(without my consultation or request) of 1 yr making the course 1.5 yrs long. Now I am 6 months short of 2 yrs study requirement.

I can pick up a 6 months course in a close connection with the diploma and complete 2 yrs. As it says that 2 or more educations have to be a degree, diploma or trade qualification, it seems to me that a course from TAFE is a trade qualification automatically. In any case one of these educations is a diploma. PLease correct me, if wrong.

Other option seems that after reaching there I request TAFE to cancel some of the subject from the RPL.(which I requested them from here but to no avail as they were taking so long to make me think of loosing valuable time required for visa and all and had to accept the 1.5 yrs offer).

Or will my failing in one semester and redoing it be of any help?

Or after completing 1.5 yrs, I take up a job. Getting a job looks easy as mine is a MODL occupation. And after getting an yr's experience I will be eligible for the Immigratio application.

Ppl in a position to help are thanked in advance.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

bobbysambhy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help-Is 6 months course from TAFE a Trade Qualification

Originally Posted by welshtony
I think the best advice, in the absence of all the facts of your case, is to suggest that this can be sorted after you arrive, the obvious solution being that you insist that you wish to sit some of the units that you have been exempted from so that your course becomes the required duration.
Thanks Tony. Requesting them for extension in the course after I reach there is the best option, it looks like. Just hope I will get some way out.

Regards

Bobby