Wikiposts

Help!!

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

loobilu will become famous soon enoughloobilu will become famous soon enough
Talking Help!!

Hi everyon

just wondered if anyone can give any advice. My husband and i have now both received our temporary visas, allowing us twelve months initially and a further twelve months once this current visa is due up. We are hoping to move around July/August time, but i just wanted any advice on getting pregnant whilst on a temporary visa. It is not something i am planning to do, but i am also reluctant to wait a further two years to start a family. We are intending to try and get permanent residency/citizenship before the two years is up? Where do i stand if i fall pregnant whilst on a temporary visa? has anyone else been in this situation?

Kind Regards,

x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:00 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!

Originally Posted by loobilu
Hi everyon

just wondered if anyone can give any advice. My husband and i have now both received our temporary visas, allowing us twelve months initially and a further twelve months once this current visa is due up. We are hoping to move around July/August time, but i just wanted any advice on getting pregnant whilst on a temporary visa. It is not something i am planning to do, but i am also reluctant to wait a further two years to start a family. We are intending to try and get permanent residency/citizenship before the two years is up? Where do i stand if i fall pregnant whilst on a temporary visa? has anyone else been in this situation?

Kind Regards,

x
What type of temp visa are you coming on?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loobilu
Hi everyon

Kind Regards,

x
Which visa type are you on? There are many which are temporary and there are differing clauses for different visas. Also the medical care available may depend on your visa type, and which country you are from.......
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

loobilu will become famous soon enoughloobilu will become famous soon enough

We are both coming over on a working holiday visa, it seems the quickest method of getting over there and we will try to make more permanent arrangements when we are there.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

You are aware that you don't automatically get a second WHV, aren't you? It will only be extended for a second year if you work for at least three months in a rural area during the first one. And you're limited to only working for one employer for six months at a time.

One of the criteria for a WHV is that you don't have any dependents, so there's no way that DIAC will be giving you a second WHV if you got pregnant and produced one. There's also the risk that they'd cancel the WHV you've already got.

You might get away with being pregnant during your second WHV as long as you'd left the country before the baby was born.

Definitely wouldn't risk it on a WHV.