British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Help!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/help-479804/)

Angelica666 Sep 8th 2007 10:33 am

Help!!!!

ARRRRRR!!!!

We are applying to migrate to Australia on a Skilled Visa, we are using an agent and are getting the information together for the TRA, is there any Agency out there that would have a meeting with us to collate the TRA as my Husband is having trouble understanding what/how much information is required, we seem to be bullet pointing all his Tasks but are unsure if its enough, I dont mind paying just to get it out the way. Is there companies out there that do this?

Thanks

Angelica X

WS Sep 8th 2007 10:37 am

Re: Help!!!!

I'm a bit confused, you say you are already using agent for your applicaiton.

If so, why aren't you asking them for help?

DestinationSydney Sep 8th 2007 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Angelica666 (Post 5288005)
ARRRRRR!!!!

We are applying to migrate to Australia on a Skilled Visa, we are using an agent and are getting the information together for the TRA, is there any Agency out there that would have a meeting with us to collate the TRA as my Husband is having trouble understanding what/how much information is required, we seem to be bullet pointing all his Tasks but are unsure if its enough, I dont mind paying just to get it out the way. Is there companies out there that do this?

Thanks

Angelica X

Hi, i know how frustrating getting all the info for the tra is!!!! Took me ages and had to detail everything. But we used an agent and they wrote stat declarations for us and checked it all surely yr agent will do the same?

Nozzys Sep 8th 2007 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Angelica666 (Post 5288005)
ARRRRRR!!!!

Thanks

Angelica X

I'd get in touch with your agent - we are using an agent and at TRA stage they told us everything we needed to supply, sent examples of references in the format they had to be in and also examples of Statutory Declarations advising everything we had to detail in it. This was all done via phone and email and was made very easy for us. Once we had created each document we emailed drafts to our agent and he checked everyone before we had them sworn.

At the end of the day - that is what you are paying your agent all that money for.

Good luck.

Nat

juss44 Sep 8th 2007 11:01 am

Yeah, I agree with the above.We are using an agency ASA they detailed everything stage by stage, Templates and stuff for stat decs, refs ect. If you are paying an agency they should guide you through all of necessary parts of your application.

We had to do loads for the TRA but once we had got the stuff together and certified, ect our case was approved in no time then onto the main visa application.

Which agent are you using?:)

Angelica666 Sep 8th 2007 11:45 am

The agent were using are Great, they answer your phone calls ASAP, its just my Husband is a worry wort and has no self confidence in what hes doing, hes always been like it, I always wonder how hes got through life, I recon his Mum did everything for him lol!!!
It would be great to meet someone who knows about the TRA and can word it for him asking him the right questions

Angelica

juss44 Sep 8th 2007 11:50 am

What job is he applying for? Has your agent not got a website that details everything step by step? There will also be threads on here with info on Iam sure?:)

markandgill Sep 8th 2007 11:57 am

Hi,

We are using a migration lawyer from brisbane and he has been fantastic so far.........he lodges all our applications from start to finish.......we just send copies of certificates etc to him and he does the rest.

We are going on a 136 visa and the application was lodged 17th august 07.....lawyer expects us to be granted a visa before the end of the year.

Mark

s-jmelbournewannabe Sep 8th 2007 3:54 pm

You could pay me and i'll do your TRA! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, get your agent to do what they can, all your hubby should do is get in touch with his employer (s) for References and collate all his qualifications, course info (usually can find on internet under colleges) and write his little bible on what he does at work (question 7) what occupation is he in, may be able to help you with it..

S-j x

york1e Sep 8th 2007 8:23 pm

Hi i agree with everyone , your agent should be doing this for you and explaining everything in simple terms for you what job does your hubby do ?