HELP...16 yr old facing GBH charge

Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

dolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura about
Default HELP...16 yr old facing GBH charge

Please could someone advise me...my husbands 16 year old biological son is in England and seems to be getting into a lotta trouble with the police after gettin in with a bad crowd..we are sponsoring him on a child emigration visa to join us in Australia, sounds easy and quite straight forwards til we spoke to him tonight to find out he is goin to court in January for a charge of GBH after throwing a brick at someone during a fight!!!!!! :curse::curse:

We were hoping to fly him out at the end of January on a visitors visa and we were submitting his visa application from here, my question is.. will this charge, which will show up on his police check be enough to prevent the DIMIA from granting him his P.R.?

We are now dreading his arrival incase his application is declined and he has to be sent back home to the dreadful situation he is living in at the moment.

Has anyone out there had any hassles with visas due to their childrens stupid behaviour and is there any advice to be given..all would be gratefully received.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 8:05 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP...16 yr old facing GBH charge

Originally Posted by dolliedimples
Please could someone advise me...my husbands 16 year old biological son is in England and seems to be getting into a lotta trouble with the police after gettin in with a bad crowd..we are sponsoring him on a child emigration visa to join us in Australia, sounds easy and quite straight forwards til we spoke to him tonight to find out he is goin to court in January for a charge of GBH after throwing a brick at someone during a fight!!!!!! :curse::curse:

We were hoping to fly him out at the end of January on a visitors visa and we were submitting his visa application from here, my question is.. will this charge, which will show up on his police check be enough to prevent the DIMIA from granting him his P.R.?

We are now dreading his arrival incase his application is declined and he has to be sent back home to the dreadful situation he is living in at the moment.

Has anyone out there had any hassles with visas due to their childrens stupid behaviour and is there any advice to be given..all would be gratefully received.
Dear DD,

If he comes out on a visitor visa and then applies for PR then you may find that they also hold his arrival card against him. Given the potential seriousness of the situation I would suggest you get experienced migration agent advice. Also never a good idea to discuss character issues on this forum.

Cheers,

George Lombard