Hello/Advice needed

Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie_cop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello/Advice needed

All,

Firstly I'm new to this forum and just wanted some advice on immigration to Australia.

I've been to Perth, WA before and ever since I have wanted to go back to move and live permanently.

I currently have a Level 3 NVQ in Industrial Roof Sheeting & Cladding Services, which puts me on the Skilled Occupational List for Roof Plumber (ANZSCO) 3341-15.

I qualify for a 189 Skilled Independent Visa and that's what I intend to apply for! From what I have heard, a few people get ripped off with agents etc and I was just wanting to know people's experiences and who to go with (the best of course!)

Many thanks-
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello/Advice needed

I would think the ones being ripped off by agents in the minority.

You don't need to use an agent at all, could save yourself a lot of money by doing it independently. Finding your own way to the SOL and finding your occupation is a lot further than many get by themselves. So something to think about.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

If you chose a MARA agent you are very unlikely to get ripped off. Problems arise when people chose non mara agents.

There are a number on here that are highly regarded such as Go Matilda.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Most people don't need to use an agent. Unless you have a specific reason for using one then make the application yourself and save your money. If you do decide to use one then make sure they are MARA registered and that their registration is still valid.

https://www.mara.gov.au/