The hell of waiting!

Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light
Default The hell of waiting!

Can someone tell if there is anything i can do to chase my visa..
Application was submitted online the end of January 2008,Meds and police checks have been sent as requested about 2.5 months ago.
Have`nt heard a thing.
Called the agent to ask for TRN number,he said it was a waste of time to check online with DIAC as they do not give up to date info..is this right..Didnt get the number in the end and after more hassel from myself he finally sent an email to DIAC asking if there was anything they needed to to progress further..
Going to be homeless in Jan and need to know whether to rent or leave the country,,so frustrating..
Any help in answering some questions would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The hell of waiting!

Join the club!

Also January applicants with a CO for nearly 2 months and NOTHING! Not sure about DIAC updates but you are at leat entitled to your TRN number...

I have no advice, just empathy for another applicant in limboland...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

RussellCat will become famous soon enough

We too are January applicants (and have come to Aus on a tourist visa) The worry really set in yesterday (especially about money and being able to support ourselves in Aus for a few months with no jobs)

We asked our agent to follow up and help and let us know when they expected to hear - she said sit tight - do not complain or contact the department. but yesterday evening we looked at our status page and it had changed to "being processed further" we are hoping this is a good sign.

You should have copies of all the forms that your agent has submitted - you should check these forms as they have the TRN number on them. Your agent should have sent you them back so you can check the information is correct.

Good Luck!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Norman S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emiric
Can someone tell if there is anything i can do to chase my visa..
Application was submitted online the end of January 2008,Meds and police checks have been sent as requested about 2.5 months ago.
Have`nt heard a thing.
Called the agent to ask for TRN number,he said it was a waste of time to check online with DIAC as they do not give up to date info..is this right..Didnt get the number in the end and after more hassel from myself he finally sent an email to DIAC asking if there was anything they needed to to progress further..
Going to be homeless in Jan and need to know whether to rent or leave the country,,so frustrating..
Any help in answering some questions would be much appreciated.
It's certainly a tough position to be in, but unfortunately the Department did have a huge influx of applications last year that has really set them back.

I was advised yesterday that our friends at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre will be working Christmas Day!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Norman S
It's certainly a tough position to be in, but unfortunately the Department did have a huge influx of applications last year that has really set them back.

I was advised yesterday that our friends at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre will be working Christmas Day!
Oh the wait the wait the wait !!

There isn't anything worse than living every day not knowing where you going or what to do and until that Visa Grant !! We all just live in limbo - think about the darn day it does get granted !!!

We are June 08 applicants - RSMS Visa which usually takes 4 months but due to back log is taking 6 - 7 months - we got our position in February 08 so it feels like we have been waiting months and months !!!!!!!!! Have now been lodged 5 months 1 week - Case Officer (Bless her !!) allocated on 27 November and requested one further document relating to minor character issue which is being dealt with by Solicitor in Aus - but unfortunately he is not ready to lodge and will now hopefully - do this on MONDAY

From there - we still dont know the guaranteed time limit so the waiting will begin again !!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

Have a look through this thread, especially the posts by Alan Collett
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572436

As you have a registered agent they should have a direct route into ASPC to chase up your application, if they refuse then name and shame them so that other members can avoid using them.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobertC
Have a look through this thread, especially the posts by Alan Collett
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572436

As you have a registered agent they should have a direct route into ASPC to chase up your application, if they refuse then name and shame them so that other members can avoid using them.

Let us know how you get on.
Thanks - I'm going to wait until Monday to see what happens from here... I looked at the thread - horrible !! I dont like heated debates like that ... sorry just me I guess....

BUT should I not get any job by Monday afternoon 5:30 Brisbane time - all hell is going to break loose