Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Health Worries and Choosing a Migration Agent

Health Worries and Choosing a Migration Agent

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

visaneeda is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Health Worries and Choosing a Migration Agent

My wife and I are hoping to emigrate to oz with our 9 month old baby. I am concerned about my health. I have obstructive sleep apnoea, an under active thyroid and have had cellulitis in my leg on a number of occasions over several years. We are trying to find out whether this will affect a skilled migration visa application before starting the costly process.

We are also wondering if anyone can recommend a good migration agent or suggest what to look for when first contacting them. We have spoken to one agent and asked about the heath issues. They gave us contact details for a doctor in Sydney. We emailed her a week ago, but have not heard anything. We also arranged a "free" one hour appointment with them at a hotel near Heathrow which they have cancelled and re-arranged for mid Feb. So first attempt isn't looking so good!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:16 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice
Default Re: Health Worries and Choosing a Migration Agent

Originally Posted by visaneeda
My wife and I are hoping to emigrate to oz with our 9 month old baby. I am concerned about my health. I have obstructive sleep apnoea, an under active thyroid and have had cellulitis in my leg on a number of occasions over several years. We are trying to find out whether this will affect a skilled migration visa application before starting the costly process.

We are also wondering if anyone can recommend a good migration agent or suggest what to look for when first contacting them. We have spoken to one agent and asked about the heath issues. They gave us contact details for a doctor in Sydney. We emailed her a week ago, but have not heard anything. We also arranged a "free" one hour appointment with them at a hotel near Heathrow which they have cancelled and re-arranged for mid Feb. So first attempt isn't looking so good!

Many thanks.
Hello and welcome

Sorry cant help you with the medical side but we are using Richard Gregan at Overseas emigration visa, they are based in edinburgh and have been brilliant throughout our application.Maybe worth giving them a call.

Heres link to there site and goodluck.

www.overseas-emigration.co.uk

Agent appointed March 2008
TRA sent 16/7/08 (Electrician Special Class)
TRA result SUCCESSFULL 8/8/08 YIPPEEE!!
MODL 175 LODGED ONLINE (BY AGENT) 27/8/08..NOW CSL
Meds Booked 18/2/09.

LET THE WAIT BEGIN!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by visaneeda

Many thanks.
George Lombard has been highly recommened for medical issues - contact details in his posts on this forum; also Peter Bollard - contact details at http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

visaneeda is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Yorkshireclan and Pollyana for the swift replies. We'll follow them up and let you know how we get on.

Good luck with the meds, Yorkeshireclan.