Health results referred???

Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Health results referred???

Hi all,

Just got an email from immi/CO confirming receipt of my PMV application. In the email it states that my health results have been referred to the Health Operations Centre for further processing and could take 1-2 weeks to get back to London house.

My question is, should I be worried about this? I did state that I suffered moderate depression in 2002 but was sent letters from the panel doctor saying chest x-ray was all good as was test for HIV etc.

Just worried now about the referral

Last edited by JBlokeUK; Jul 30th 2008 at 5:13 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health results referred???

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Hi all,

Just got an email from immi/CO confirming receipt of my PMV application. In the email it states that my health results have been referred to the Health Operations Centre for further processing and could take 1-2 weeks to get back to London house.

My question is, should I be worried about this? I did state that I suffered moderate depression in 2002 but was sent letters from the panel doctor saying chest x-ray was all good as was test for HIV etc.

Just worried now about the referral
Any medical issue has to be referred, so if you had details of depression on there this is just standard procedure, nothing o worry about. Its just that if there is anything at all on the form the admin people can't pass it strfaight aay, they have to refer it to the medics. Doesn't mean a refusal or anything, its completely routine. Just means an extra week or so to wait
Old Jul 30th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Thanks for that Pollyana makes me feel a little less worried.

Has anyone else on here had medicals referred before?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Chief1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

No BUT I think mine will be as I have a minor medical condition. Its good to read this as if they are referred I wont panic. Once again the existence of this magnificent forum is justified!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Im assuming your going for a PMV aswell chief?

Thing is im not currently suffering from any medical condition at all. Yes I have suffered from depression which resulted in time spent in hospital but that was about 5 years ago now and I had included a letter with my application from my GP stating I havent had any medication for it for the last 4 years.

I hate waiting!!!! :curse:
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Im assuming your going for a PMV aswell chief?

Thing is im not currently suffering from any medical condition at all. Yes I have suffered from depression which resulted in time spent in hospital but that was about 5 years ago now and I had included a letter with my application from my GP stating I havent had any medication for it for the last 4 years.

I hate waiting!!!! :curse:
Yes indeed I am going for a PMV. Now, I don't know if they are going to refer my case but Polly does know her stuff and I kinda expected it to happen anyway.

I don't think you have anything to worry about as they are primarily concerned about an applicant becoming a burden on the state in the future and ur history is just that history.

What makes me nervous is that mine is ongoing and while minor is controlled by quite expensive medication.

However I'm not thinkin about that because if I did I would start to worry and worry never cured any situation so we will just wait and see eh!!

Positive Mental Attitude I say!!!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Quick question tho, when AH sends u application confirmation, requests for more info etc was it by post or e mail as the post in these parts can be notoriously slow?

Thx
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chief1980
Quick question tho, when AH sends u application confirmation, requests for more info etc was it by post or e mail as the post in these parts can be notoriously slow?

Thx
It was sent to me via email
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

Thanks for that Pollyana makes me feel a little less worried.

Has anyone else on here had medicals referred before?
Hi yes, our medicals were referred to Helath operations in Sydney too. Dont worry about it, I have Chrones disease, have had 2 major bowel operation 13 years ago and my 11 year old daughter has spina bifida occulta. She walks normally, wears a splint on her left foot, catheterises 4 hourly, has had 2 spinal detethering operations and a foot correction and both our medicals passed so mild depression will be nothing and dont worry about it, ours only took a few days from when health operations received them, it took longer for them to reach Sydney, about 2 weeks!

Sharon
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sharon, cant be easy sharing all that but it has helped put my mind at rest so I appreciate it

The waiting is already a pain in the backside!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

Thanks Sharon, cant be easy sharing all that but it has helped put my mind at rest so I appreciate it

The waiting is already a pain in the backside!
No problem, glad i could help you, there is nothing worse than the waiting but I really would not be concerned if I were you,

Sharon