Wikiposts

he wants to join me now!

Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

dani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default he wants to join me now!

I have been in Oz for three years and recently got my citizenship. At the time of my skilled independant application my husband and I were seperated. We had to signed a statutory declaration to state this. Now he has been here and we are talking of giving it another try. Does anyone know if he can legally join me in any way to become a permanent resident? Dani
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: he wants to join me now!

Originally Posted by dani
I have been in Oz for three years and recently got my citizenship. At the time of my skilled independant application my husband and I were seperated. We had to signed a statutory declaration to state this. Now he has been here and we are talking of giving it another try. Does anyone know if he can legally join me in any way to become a permanent resident? Dani
Hope fully your eligibility was not gained by being separated from your husband e.g. remaining relative. He will not get a permanent visa (or 309/100 temp/permanent visa) for "giving it another try". If you were to give it another try and decide that you were again committed to a long-term relationship, then would be the time to apply for the 309/100. So he needs to come over there on some temporary visa or you need to come back for a period.

Tony
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

dani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: he wants to join me now!

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hope fully your eligibility was not gained by being separated from your husband e.g. remaining relative. He will not get a permanent visa (or 309/100 temp/permanent visa) for "giving it another try". If you were to give it another try and decide that you were again committed to a long-term relationship, then would be the time to apply for the 309/100. So he needs to come over there on some temporary visa or you need to come back for a period.

Tony
Hi Tony, thanks for reply. The permanent residency visa was granted solely on my elegibility. I am thinking of returning to the UK for a year to see how things go. We are still married and he now is too old to apply for nothing other than RSMS. Dani