Have you done it???

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

toes078 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have you done it???

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the skilled mirgrant visa WITHOUT an agency?? and If so how did you find the process??? My dh is an electrician Im a office manager we have no dependents and have both worked with our respective companies for 8-10 years.

Any info on this would be gratefully appreciated
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:10 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Have you done it???

Originally Posted by toes078
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the skilled mirgrant visa WITHOUT an agency?? and If so how did you find the process??? My dh is an electrician Im a office manager we have no dependents and have both worked with our respective companies for 8-10 years.

Hiya, we actually used an agent - but just noticed you're from Dublin - if you do decide to go with an agent PM me and I'll give you the contact details of our fantastic superwoman in Skerries (our case was complicated and we got in no bother, but totally down to her!) Good Luck
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

ahhhh thanks M8M,

Am gonna PM you straight away!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by toes078
Hey all,

Hi there toes078,

We were granted our 138 visa yesterday! We didn't use an agent and apart from hassle with an existing medical condition our son has it has been pretty straight forward. The hardest part is getting everything for the TRA as there is so much info that is needed then the next hardest is keeping sane while the process is going on and not becoming an alchoholic.

The peeps on BE have been fab and they are always there to offer advice and support and there has never been a question that hasn't been answered on here for us.

The forms etc are straight forward there are lots of leaflets that you can obtain from the DIAC website and there are a few excellent agents that post on here regularly with free advice for everyone.

So good luck and keep us informed on your progress!!

Thanks Claire x
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi there toes078,

We were granted our 138 visa yesterday! We didn't use an agent and apart from hassle with an existing medical condition our son has it has been pretty straight forward. The hardest part is getting everything for the TRA as there is so much info that is needed then the next hardest is keeping sane while the process is going on and not becoming an alchoholic.

The peeps on BE have been fab and they are always there to offer advice and support and there has never been a question that hasn't been answered on here for us.

The forms etc are straight forward there are lots of leaflets that you can obtain from the DIAC website and there are a few excellent agents that post on here regularly with free advice for everyone.

So good luck and keep us informed on your progress!!

Thanks Claire x
well Congrats Claire, I wish we were that far done the process, This is all sooooo new to us!!! Its nice to know that someone has gone it alone and actually succeeded. Im not sure If I have the nerve too, even though id imagine our application is very straight forward. I'll let you know what we decide.

Thanks Again

Toes
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Hey Toes. Fellow Dub

We used an agent and they have been great. They have an office in Dublin as well and one in Aus and are keenly priced and worth every penny if you ask me.

At least you know things are being done right first time around and not have to do things over and over again.

If you decide to go on your own and need help with the TRA give me a shout.

Pm if you want the agents details.

Paddy

Ps welcome to the mad house now your here there is no escaping
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Hi
Were from Dublin and done it without an agent. Over here now on skilled 136 since January and loving it. The hardest part was the TRA once you get through that its all easy and just waiting.

Sandra
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

seanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant future

Hi
We are nearly at the end our file is with the Case Officer for final assessment/decision and i am feeling physically sick every morning checking the email. We done it ourselves and if we had used an agent at this point we would till be feeling sick.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

We did not use an agent and found it all really straight forward, like the other poster said it was the TRA that was the hardest part. Have a look through the forms and if you feel confident enough, go for it. Any questions you need help with can be answered on here, there is always a Be member that will help you.
I asked loads, lol.

Good luck with it all.
Shabee
x
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:36 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Once you've got your Skills Assessment out the way its pretty straight forward unless you have any medical conditions or awkward ex's
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Once you've got your Skills Assessment out the way its pretty straight forward unless you have any medical conditions or awkward ex's
i agree completely !! preparing to send my docs to ACS was by far the hardest thing i've had to do in my life!!!

and, to answer your question, i've not used an agent