Have I left everything too late?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:12 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Too late?

Originally Posted by scor
Thankyou for the replies everyone! Very helpful.

This will no doubt sound stupid, but how do I show evidence of our child? His birth Cert?

So far we've got:

Stat decs from both of my Fiance's parents (both australian)
Declarations from our friends here saying we've lived together here for 3 years
2 wedding invites with all our names on
lots of photos
phone bills with both names on
HM revenue forms with both names on

Will this, along with our own statements about our relationships, be enough?
I'd hate to send it all off and be told we've failed and have to pay the fee again!

Definitely send your child's full birth certificate - i guess you could also send a baptism certificate if you've had him baptised. What about joint bank statements, mortgage statement or rent book?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mary1967
Definitely send your child's full birth certificate - i guess you could also send a baptism certificate if you've had him baptised. What about joint bank statements, mortgage statement or rent book?
Haven't had him baptised. We don't have a joint bank account - long story! No mortgage, and no rent book. Not good!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:26 pm

Haven't had him baptised. We don't have a joint bank account - long story! No mortgage, and no rent book. Not good!

You've still got loads of stuff to submit so i wouldn't panic - what about letters from friends who've known you since you got together, or a letter from your landlord to say you've been joint tenants etc. The inland revenue child tax credit form is a good one to submit, any chance you've still got them for each year since he was born?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mary1967
You've still got loads of stuff to submit so i wouldn't panic - what about letters from friends who've known you since you got together, or a letter from your landlord to say you've been joint tenants etc. The inland revenue child tax credit form is a good one to submit, any chance you've still got them for each year since he was born?
yes, we do have the child tax credit form, but i was a bit apprehensive of sending that as i thought they may take a dim view on people who claim tax credits, as its a benefit? but good idea ill send it anyway. Letters from friends I can get no problem. Might send photos too.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:50 pm

yes, we do have the child tax credit form, but i was a bit apprehensive of sending that as i thought they may take a dim view on people who claim tax credits, as its a benefit? but good idea ill send it anyway. Letters from friends I can get no problem. Might send photos too.

It's not the kind of benefit that they could take a dim view of, 9 out of 10 people with children in the UK are entitled to child tax credit, even if it's the minimum amount. I've sent copies of mine in - if nothing else, it also shows your annual income to back up any wage slips and references you've submitted.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Have I left everything too late?

ok. Thanks for your help. One final thing...

I've been the sole earner (self employed) in our household since we moved to england.
Is it going to be a big problem for us, the fact that my sponsor hasn't worked for 3 years? I suppose I'll just have to apply and find out!

As I understand it though, there are no real financial stipulations when it comes to issuing PR spouse visa's.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:50 pm

ok. Thanks for your help. One final thing...

I've been the sole earner (self employed) in our household since we moved to england.
Is it going to be a big problem for us, the fact that my sponsor hasn't worked for 3 years? I suppose I'll just have to apply and find out!

As I understand it though, there are no real financial stipulations when it comes to issuing PR spouse visa's.

Sorry Scor, wish i could help but i've not got a clue. Good luck with the application and let us know when it's granted.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for the replies everyone! Very helpful.

This will no doubt sound stupid, but how do I show evidence of our child? His birth Cert?

So far we've got:

Stat decs from both of my Fiance's parents (both australian)
Declarations from our friends here saying we've lived together here for 3 years
2 wedding invites with all our names on
lots of photos
phone bills with both names on
HM revenue forms with both names on
Birth certificate for your child will do. Presumably (based on previous thread) you still plan to get married.

If not, you should make a point of registering your son as a British citizen before you leave the U.K. (it can be done from Australia but is more expensive and more awkward).
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Yes, we do still plan to get married
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys..

Had my medical done, its been sent off to the strand address in london. Almost ready to send all my stuff off now.

One last question... I phoned up the Immigration helpline to ask them about this (£1 a minute! robbery!) but they were no help.

On the form 40sp there is a section where it asks my australian partner (sponsor) to provide proof or earnings and wage slips stating lenght of employment etc, or a letter from an accountant stating that she is funded from other sources... we don't have an accountant!. For the last 3 years, since she came to england, I've been the breadwinner in our household, so we've nothing to show them really. I'm worried about this. Will we be asked for AOS? Surely I can't just ignore this section of the form, as I don't have what it's asking for!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry. They are unlikely to query the AOS if you are British. We just put that we had x amount to take (they are unlikely to check) and that we would be finding employment as soon as we arrived.
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again people..

I'm really up sh*t creek with this application now! I sent in my app on the 2nd of may.

Case officer replied asking me for Australian police check. Turns out i've spent just slightly over a year in Australia (cumulatively) in the last 10 years.

Sent off for this now, but it's not going to be back with me for for at least another 2 weeks.

Our flights are booked for 11th of June.

Case officer says that my only option is to enter on an ETA and then they will contact me to tell me they have reached a decision and ill need to leave and re enter to validate my visa. Not ideal, but seem like the only option for us now, as date change for the flights is going to cost far too much.
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again people..

I'm really up sh*t creek with this application now! I sent in my app on the 2nd of may.

Case officer replied asking me for Australian police check. Turns out i've spent just slightly over a year in Australia (cumulatively) in the last 10 years.

Sent off for this now, but it's not going to be back with me for for at least another 2 weeks.

Case officer says that my only option is to enter on an ETA and then they will contact me to tell me they have reached a decision and ill need to leave and re enter to validate my visa. Not ideal, but seem like the only option for us now, as date change for the flights is going to cost far too much.
You would only need to change yours though, surely your partner and child could go on without you? You wouldn't be far behind them. Once the police check is through, AHC are likely to be quick in turning it round. Did you send your passport or hang on to it until asked? Obviously if you sent it, you'll have to change your flights.
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:29 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again people..

I don't think it's anything to worry about if the case-officer has suggested the prescribed course of action? I would look upon the positive aspect and that is that you could spend a week in Fiji (depending on where you are heading to I guess?) as it's not too expensive to travel there from here?
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies guys. I still have my passport as they sent this back to me.

I think I'm going to go on an ETA and wait for the CO to contact me.

I'm not sure how it will work though.. what to you guys think...will I be notified by phone/email etc that the CO has made a decision, and I'll then need to leave the country (where ever I go) to be informed of what that decision is.

or

I'll just get notified by phone/email etc, saying yes your accepted.. please leave Australia and re-enter to validate or no you've not been accepted please leave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.