British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Have I left everything too late? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/have-i-left-everything-too-late-524061/)

scor Mar 24th 2008 3:31 pm

Have I left everything too late?

My Australian partner and I are moving back to her home town of Perth WA.

We've been together almost 5 years and have a 2 year old child. We've booked our one way flights for June 11th.

We don't have a house to sell (private tenants), and we're not bringing huge amounts of furniture with us (shipping quotes under £1000).

I've filled out most of my forms, 40SP, 47 SP, 888 stat dec's filled out by my Fiance's parents. I have had my Police check too, this was done in July 2007.

So I still need my Xrays and meds, and still need to send the whole lot off!

I'm starting to seriously worry now, as June is getting seriously close and I think we still have loads to do. Have I left everything too late? We had a lot of family problems recently (my parents) so things haven't been given my full attention.

I hope my Visa can be sorted quickly!

Also, ive just noticed a form 886, settlement details. Is this new, do I need to complete this as well??

Sally Simpson Mar 24th 2008 5:21 pm

Re: Have I left everything too late?

Have you tried posting in the Immigration forum?
Also, I believe that there is a spouse visa thread (in that forum)where you are sure to be able to get some answers from others going through the process!
Good luck:thumbup:

I was wrong! Spouse visa circle thread is here in the barbie!

mary1967 Mar 24th 2008 5:43 pm

Re: Too late?

Originally Posted by scor (Post 6104984)

We've been together almost 5 years and have a 2 year old child. We've booked our one way flights for June 11th.

We don't have a house to sell (private tenants), and we're not bringing huge amounts of furniture with us (shipping quotes under £1000).

I've filled out most of my forms, 40SP, 47 SP, 888 stat dec's filled out by my Fiance's parents. I have had my Police check too, this was done in July 2007.

I'm starting to seriously worry now, as June is getting seriously close and I think we still have loads to do. Have I left everything too late? We had a lot of family problems recently (my parents) so things haven't been given my full attention.

Also, ive just noticed a form 886, settlement details. Is this new, do I need to complete this as well??

When it came to providing evidence that your relationship was genuine and ongoing, you had to write a statement. It says that this can be on ordinary writing paper or on a stat dec form. Is it ok to do this in MS word and to print this statement out on normal a4? I can't seem to find a stat dec form, apart from the 888.

Also, did you get friends to write statements as well?

This part of the whole process has me a bit worried!

Thanks!!

Relationship - We did ours on MS word and then printed them off so we could sign them, i also sent photo's, invitations we'd kept, bills/statements in joint names, basically anything that showed we'd been together for the stated time - we didn't get friends to do a statement for us, but i think it's a good idea if you can get someone to do it.

Medicals: Ring a few of the medical centers up and see who can fit you in asap. Our medicals were done on the 3rd Jan, sent off on the 11th Jan to Sydney and finalised on the 22nd Feb. Depending on the visa you apply for, your medicals may go to London, so they could be processed even quicker.

steveandtina Mar 24th 2008 5:55 pm

When it came to providing evidence that your relationship was genuine and ongoing, you had to write a statement. It says that this can be on ordinary writing paper or on a stat dec form. Is it ok to do this in MS word and to print this statement out on normal a4? I can't seem to find a stat dec form, apart from the 888.

Thanks!!

When we done our stat decs for defacto, we used MS Word an A4 paper. We also got friends and family to do some too and sent everything we had in joint names which wasn't a lot as all the bills are in my name. But what ever you have send them.

Good luck and I hope you get it by June:thumbsup:

Tina x

mary1967 Mar 24th 2008 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by steveandtina (Post 6105085)
When we done our stat decs for defacto, we used MS Word an A4 paper. We also got friends and family to do some too and sent everything we had in joint names which wasn't a lot as all the bills are in my name. But what ever you have send them.

Good luck and I hope you get it by June:thumbsup:

Tina x

Still no visa Tina?

steveandtina Mar 24th 2008 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by mary1967 (Post 6105116)
Still no visa Tina?

No, really fed up!!! must be fed up as I'm now lokking at houses in Norfolk as plan B ha ha.

How's it going with you?

Tina x:thumbsup:

Pollyana Mar 24th 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks!!

If you are getting Stat Decs from Aussies, they should be done on 888, with relevant ID details attached. For non-Aussies, just a sheet of paper will do.
I did fill in 886 at some point, so it won't do any harm if you have got the form there.
If you are using a JUly 07 police check, you will get an entry date of July,.....

If you are submitting in London its still possible to get the visa, if your application is straightforward as spouse visas through London are usually quick, sometimes less than a week, but I'd get that medical appointment asap :)

JAJ Mar 25th 2008 12:06 am

The Australian High Commission in London are usually quick to sort out visas, unless there is something especially complex involved.

Make sure you show evidence of at least 2 years cohabitation + your child, as that's important to ensure you get a permanent migration visa straight away.

Has your partner obtained her British citizenship, if she's not British automatically?

lonndongeek Mar 25th 2008 4:06 am

Originally Posted by scor (Post 6104615)

We (my Australian fiancee and I) posted my application back in November last year (meds done 2 weeks before posting, PCC included in the envelope). We had a phone call 3 days later asking a couple of questions, then an e-mail that afternoon saying that it had all been approved.

Don't panic about form 886. You can change any information that you give on it at a later date.

Cheers

Steve

moneypenny20 Mar 25th 2008 8:49 am

Mine was through inside a week. I'll move this to the immi forum though, some things may have changed since I did mine. Only thing to remember is to send your actual passport off as well as a certified copy. Also enclose a self addressed and prepaid special delivery envelope. Makes things quicker than them having to request your passport.

mary1967 Mar 25th 2008 9:02 am

Originally Posted by steveandtina (Post 6105147)
No, really fed up!!! must be fed up as I'm now lokking at houses in Norfolk as plan B ha ha.

How's it going with you?

Tina x:thumbsup:

I'm really surprised you've heard nothing seeing that everythings changed to met:confused:

I'm fed up waiting as well, but nothings changed on our status page so i can't really moan too much.

Plan B................... Think i've got plan c, d, through to z. One day i'm really positive and then the next i'm on a real low, thinking, why are we putting ourselves through all this? I think it's worse when you talk to friends who aren't involved in this process, they just look at you as if you're mad - 'you mean you won't have a job or a house when you get there????' It's only when i come on here and talk to others, who are doing the same thing, that i feel as if we're doing the right thing (i hope!!!).

mary1967 Mar 25th 2008 9:04 am

Thanks!!

Sounds like you're not too late :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Pollyana Mar 25th 2008 9:22 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6107597)
Mine was through inside a week. I'll move this to the immi forum though, some things may have changed since I did mine. Only thing to remember is to send your actual passport off as well as a certified copy. Also enclose a self addressed and prepaid special delivery envelope. Makes things quicker than them having to request your passport.

I still think my 40 minutes is a record, :thumbup: but things have changed now and you can't do them over the counter :sneaky: which is probably a good thing as I remember leaving Aus house on the mobile to Himself over here in Brisbane and was so excited I nearly got run down by a bus
http://www.lafilleduperenoel.net/smi...-lfdpn-038.gif

( I know its not a bus but its the best I could do!!!)

moneypenny20 Mar 25th 2008 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6107722)
I still think my 40 minutes is a record, :thumbup: but things have changed now and you can't do them over the counter :sneaky: which is probably a good thing as I remember leaving Aus house on the mobile to Himself over here in Brisbane and was so excited I nearly got run down by a bus
http://www.lafilleduperenoel.net/smi...-lfdpn-038.gif

( I know its not a bus but its the best I could do!!!)

Didn't realise you'd got yours that many years before me. :lol:

scor Mar 25th 2008 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 6106451)
The Australian High Commission in London are usually quick to sort out visas, unless there is something especially complex involved.

Make sure you show evidence of at least 2 years cohabitation + your child, as that's important to ensure you get a permanent migration visa straight away.

Has your partner obtained her British citizenship, if she's not British automatically?

Thankyou for the replies everyone! Very helpful.

This will no doubt sound stupid, but how do I show evidence of our child? His birth Cert?

So far we've got:

Stat decs from both of my Fiance's parents (both australian)
Declarations from our friends here saying we've lived together here for 3 years
2 wedding invites with all our names on
lots of photos
phone bills with both names on
HM revenue forms with both names on

Will this, along with our own statements about our relationships, be enough?
I'd hate to send it all off and be told we've failed and have to pay the fee again!