Have I left everything too late?

Old May 23rd 2008, 9:55 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have I left everything too late?

You'll be notified by email (if that's how they have been dealing with you) that your visa has been granted, and they will tell you what you need to do then about getting your visa label etc... Just tell them before you go to Australia on the ETA when/where you are going and make sure that you are using an email addy that you can still access from Australia. You never know it might all still scrape through before your flight dates, and all you would then have "wasted" is the cost of the ETA which is negligible in the overall scheme of things! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

londonmike is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone know what happened here ?
it all went quiet!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

we arrived in aus, as scheduled on, on 15th June, with me on an ETA. I recieved my aus police check and forwarded it onto my CO. 4 days ago I got an email saying that he is now in a position to grant my visa. As I applied for an offshore spouse visa, I have to leave Aus for at least 5 days (5 days so that the embassy in bali or wherever i go can be notified and prepare my visa etc) and then I fly back into Australia and my visa is validated! So its preety much done now.. just looking for a cheap package holiday to.... well, anywhere!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
We (my Australian fiancee and I) posted my application back in November last year (meds done 2 weeks before posting, PCC included in the envelope). We had a phone call 3 days later asking a couple of questions, then an e-mail that afternoon saying that it had all been approved.

Don't panic about form 886. You can change any information that you give on it at a later date.

Cheers

Steve
Hi - when you say you did your meds two weeks before the app went off did you wait until they requested them to be sent to them before you sent them? or did you ask them to be sent to the embassy (I presume you mean australia house london?) and just hoped that they would all meet up?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:19 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by velma
Hi - when you say you did your meds two weeks before the app went off did you wait until they requested them to be sent to them before you sent them? or did you ask them to be sent to the embassy (I presume you mean australia house london?) and just hoped that they would all meet up?
I actually did my medicals about 3 months before I sent my application in - they do send them direct to Australia House, London and they are kept on file there and link up with your application when you send it in as your passport number etc is on the medical and the visa type you are applying for. When I sent my application in I mentioned in the covering letter where/when the medical had been done and included a copy of the invoice.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by velma
When you do a Spouse Visa you don't wait for them to request you do the meds or PCC. They want and expect you to front load everything. You also don't need to 'hope' they meet up. They do. The doc sends the meds and you send the rest and it's all ends up in AHC computer under your name.