Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used services of HIRE A MIGRANT?

Wikiposts

Has anyone used services of HIRE A MIGRANT?

Old May 1st 2008, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Johnymills is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone used services of HIRE A MIGRANT?

Hi Jamie thanks for looking into this.

I've been lorry driving for 4 years previously i was a syndicate controler/syndicate accountant but unqualified, did pass aat association of accounting technicians.

If I sent you my cv could you have a look and rate my chances of finding a sponsor?

thanks and regards
Johny
Old May 1st 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Re: Has anyone used services of HIRE A MIGRANT?

Hi, thanks Jamie for your advice. Our problem is that neither one of us can come out to Oz on a whim looking for work!

We run our own business and have 2 kids. We may beable to come out as part of a reccie trip, but to come out for any longer than a few weeks would be a no no.

Ideally we need to find a sponsor that is willing to offer employment after maybe a web cam interview etc....

Do you think this is going to be possible?

Becky
Old May 1st 2008, 10:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't aimed at anyone personally, but in the interests of being fair to all the agents and providers of migration services who use this forum, if you are approaching an agent in order to hire them and use their services for your application, can posters please then ensure that once you decide to engage an agent that the discussion takes place away from the public forum?

It is very gratifying to know that posters do take up the services of the agents that give their time on here for free, but once it gets down to the nitty-gritty of such individual things as submitting resumes, it is probably better if the work is done out of the public eye. One of the reasons for this is that this protects the privacy of the individuals applying for visas, as it is known that DIAC officers do browse the forum.

Thanks
Old May 1st 2008, 10:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith
Hi all

Where an occupation is very common and skills shortage not biting so much, ie nature of occupation and location of the employer, then employers can be slow to consider an overseas applicant, but having good skills and a great CV can help offset that.

For the more understaffed employers and regional business owners, applicants from overseas are more welcome to enquire about work, at least that is our experience.

I personally don't think the student visa offers very much security as the student visa work requirements and occupations on the MODL/SOL are subject to change, and costs are significant.

<<snip>>

I don't think the student visa is often very well presented. Doubtless Alan would brief people on the full costs during a consultation, for myself I would prefer knowing that this visa option is probably hugely more expensive before I picked up the phone to enquire about it.

I'm not trying to undermine Alan's offer as he is trying to create a pathway for people who have been shut out.

I just think the 457 and ENS/RSMS options have not been well provided for due to an absence of a job search service - until now.
Excellent post Jamie - puts a lot of the pitfalls of a student visa together very clearly. I know there are a lot of migrants here that started on student visas, and have been successful in obtaining PR, but we do seem to be getting more and more queries, and a lot of people seem to have unclear ideas about what is involved, so to have a lot of the financial info together like this is great, especially when coupled with details of what else is available.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Hi all

Johny I can't advise you about visa options, and you would need to have your visa path mapped out before we could comment about employment options (via PM or email as Pollyanna suggests thanks). Reason being the visa structure often has a huge impact on where employment can be sought and under what terms.

Becky, we're set up to do just that - you might like to browse www.hireamigrant.com and see how we can assist people who cannot or choose not to spend much time in Australia actually looking for work or who prefer not to lose several weeks of time and income while they get settled post arrival.

Pollyanna, thanks for the feedback.