Wikiposts

Has anyone failed ACS RPL?

Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:42 am
Just Joined

portalplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone failed ACS RPL?

Hi All

I have been reading the threads on ACS processing tiimes etc and like many others, await a response.

What Im wondering is, has anyone failed RPL, I could well be the first? If so, do they give any reasons for failure to point you in the right direction for an appeal? In deed, is it worth appealing? Im sure any info from others would be useful to those currently in the process and for those soon to be.

Many thanks in advance......
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:38 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone failed ACS RPL?

Originally Posted by portalplayer
Hi All

I have been reading the threads on ACS processing tiimes etc and like many others, await a response.

What Im wondering is, has anyone failed RPL, I could well be the first? If so, do they give any reasons for failure to point you in the right direction for an appeal? In deed, is it worth appealing? Im sure any info from others would be useful to those currently in the process and for those soon to be.

Many thanks in advance......
It's been over a year since I did it, but I do follow the threads on ACS and may shed some light here. I have read a discussion on another forum of a RPL failure few months back. It seems quite ambiguous really, they take deductions from your experience so in the end you get less than 8 years in IT and get disqualified as not having enough experience. Deductions are made for "part relevant" or "not relevant" positions, i.e. you job descriptions not matching the CBOK criteria. So much for the reasons. I guess appeal is worth pursuing if you can back up your claims with more (or, more solid) reference with greater details on what you did IT-wise. Good luck.

NJ
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

portalplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone failed ACS RPL?

Thanks NJ

I will await the result and see what happens......