Has anyone ever tried shipping this way???

Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

rayandjane is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Has anyone ever tried shipping this way???

Originally Posted by Wozza
Who's to say - nobody who has done it has replied, that is, if anyone has done it!! How much does a 20ft container cost???

W
Just got quotes for a 20' container from a few shipping agents:

Allied Pickfords £3762
Crown £4369 (the guy said "this price could be adjusted"!!!!)
Britannia £3683

The shipping companies, such as P&O & Mearsk have just put their prices up so the movers have passed that cost on.

All prices are door to door but don't include insurance.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:29 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has anyone ever tried shipping this way???

Hi there
My brother imports quite a bit from the USA to the UK mainly limo's he has been told by customs he is not allowed to put anything inside during shipping, nothing at all!
My hubby is working in international removals here and he has said that nothing can be put inside a vehicle during shipping.
Don't know how somebody has managed to do it but you may get the book chucked at you the other end.

Jenny
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:55 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice
Wink Re: Has anyone ever tried shipping this way???

You would have to put the van in a container anyways!!