Wikiposts

Has anyone applied to tra..........

Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:26 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Has anyone applied to tra..........

Has anyone applied to tra for a skills assessment for a skills assessment in an occupation different to what they are doing now as a job?

Rob
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:35 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Has anyone applied to tra..........

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Has anyone applied to tra for a skills assessment for a skills assessment in an occupation different to what they are doing now as a job?

Rob
Yes Rob, Me! I was a chef for 8 years and now I work in an occupation on the SOL list - personel consultant.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:36 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob
Hi Rob

We thought about doing this as hubby is half way through an electrician's course, so we were going to put everything on hold then apply when he got his qualifications.

BUT I know you have to have a certain amount of experience in the job, which is what put us off doing this, although he's still going to do the course and as soon as the TRA application is in he will be actively looking for an electrical job in the UK.

Dont know if this is any help but thought I'd add my own thoughts..
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:53 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Claire,

I was in the sheet metal till July 2001 and am now in another occupation on the SOL list- Project/planning administrator.

Am applying for a skills assessment in Sheet metal

Rob

Originally posted by claire edwards
Yes Rob, Me! I was a chef for 8 years and now I work in an occupation on the SOL list - personel consultant.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:55 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Think it s 6 years experience if you do not have trade certificates, 7 years if you are an electrician, again without trade certificates

Rob

Originally posted by bridiej
Hi Rob

We thought about doing this as hubby is half way through an electrician's course, so we were going to put everything on hold then apply when he got his qualifications.

BUT I know you have to have a certain amount of experience in the job, which is what put us off doing this, although he's still going to do the course and as soon as the TRA application is in he will be actively looking for an electrical job in the UK.

Dont know if this is any help but thought I'd add my own thoughts..
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:58 am

Think it s 6 years experience if you do not have trade certificates, 7 years if you are an electrician, again without trade certificates

Rob
Yes, that's right, he has over 6 year's exp in his current position so we will apply on that.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:02 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

I have only one year trade certification but have in excess of 15 years experience.

I can get seven and a half years references no problem but am struggling with the rest as the companys have all folded.

Rob

Originally posted by bridiej
Yes, that's right, he has over 6 year's exp in his current position so we will apply on that.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:05 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Rob
Hi!

That's right, I think you have the right man for the job helping you with your TRA Rob. When are you likely to hear back?

Most people change careers and may have one or more occupation. If you are lucky like we are, they're both on the SOL list! You do have the option of which skills assessment you wish to apply for as long as you are currently working in an occupation on the SOL.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:07 am
Life is good

I have only one year trade certification but have in excess of 15 years experience.

I can get seven and a half years references no problem but am struggling with the rest as the companys have all folded.

Rob
I think you can find out information in relation to companies that have folded, try Companies House or the DTI may even be able to help. If you can prove that the companies existed, you can back it up with stat decs, putting as much detail as you can.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:08 am

Rob
Hmmm, that is tricky but I would have thought you have enough with 7.5yrs?

Maybe someone can clarify for you (I'm new to all this so not 100% sure!)

x
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:09 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi Claire,

Glenn Newton received my documents last Monday for review.

At a guess, i would expect a reply from him within the next three weeks. If he is happy with the info i have submitted, then i am looking to apply to TRA around the middle of October once i have certified all the documents.

Rob

Originally posted by claire edwards
Hi!

That's right, I think you have the right man for the job helping you with your TRA Rob. When are you likely to hear back?

Most people change careers and may have one or more occupation. If you are lucky like we are, they're both on the SOL list! You do have the option of which skills assessment you wish to apply for as long as you are currently working in an occupation on the SOL.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:11 am
Life is good

Hi Claire,

Glenn Newton received my documents last Monday for review.

At a guess, i would expect a reply from him within the next three weeks. If he is happy with the info i have submitted, then i am looking to apply to TRA around the middle of October once i have certified all the documents.

Rob
Have sent you a PM