British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Has anybody been asked to sign a decleration from Victoria? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/has-anybody-been-asked-sign-decleration-victoria-660044/)

QLDlover Mar 18th 2010 3:33 pm

Has anybody been asked to sign a decleration from Victoria?

I received an email from Victoria asking me to fill in a declaration page and send it back to them, has any body had the same experience and after how long?

Pollyana Mar 18th 2010 3:42 pm

Re: Has anybody been asked to sign a decleration from Victoria?

Originally Posted by r_1159 (Post 8429886)
I received an email from Victoria asking me to fill in a declaration page and send it back to them, has any body had the same experience and after how long?

A declaration of what?

QLDlover Mar 18th 2010 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8429905)
A declaration of what?

Decleration for accepting the SS conditions by me

ronnie98 Mar 19th 2010 7:13 am

I Didnt have to?

QLDlover Mar 19th 2010 7:16 am

Originally Posted by ronnie98 (Post 8431560)
I Didnt have to?

didn't they ask you to fill in a form and send to them?!!!!

moneypenny20 Mar 19th 2010 10:07 am

After how long what? Why are some of you asking bizarre and pointless questions tonight? Are you all bored?

believer Mar 19th 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8431870)
After how long what? Why are some of you asking bizarre and pointless questions tonight? Are you all bored?

i agree. someone on here probably made a lot of people crazy lately too. lol

Sarah Jayne Mar 23rd 2010 11:08 am

Hiya

Yes, within a couple of days of my submitting my SS application to Victoria online I received this message:

We have attached a declaration which you are required to sign in the presence of a witness, and email or fax to the Skilled and Business Migration Program if you would like to continue with your state sponsorship application.

Your application will not be considered to be complete until we receive this information from you and if we do not hear from you within one month we will close your file.

I had a solictor witness my signature (although I think it can be anyone except family) and emailed the scanned document back on the same day 10th March 10.

Victoria replied saying the application was in processing and could take up to 10 weeks.

I lodged a 175 on the 21/03/10, and informed Victoria of my intention to switch to a 176 if my application with them was successful.

I'm a Civil Engineer -- just waiting for the outcome as with priority processing I would rather go for the 176 than wait potentially a year for the 175.

S

Sarah Jayne Mar 23rd 2010 12:38 pm

I've also just emailed Victoria a payslip and my certificates - they didn't ask for them but having seen these posts, and assessments sometimes being unfavourably made from a CV, I thought it better to give them more information.:unsure:

QLDlover Mar 23rd 2010 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah Jayne (Post 8441183)
Hiya

Yes, within a couple of days of my submitting my SS application to Victoria online I received this message:

We have attached a declaration which you are required to sign in the presence of a witness, and email or fax to the Skilled and Business Migration Program if you would like to continue with your state sponsorship application.

Your application will not be considered to be complete until we receive this information from you and if we do not hear from you within one month we will close your file.

I had a solictor witness my signature (although I think it can be anyone except family) and emailed the scanned document back on the same day 10th March 10.

Victoria replied saying the application was in processing and could take up to 10 weeks.

I lodged a 175 on the 21/03/10, and informed Victoria of my intention to switch to a 176 if my application with them was successful.

I'm a Civil Engineer -- just waiting for the outcome as with priority processing I would rather go for the 176 than wait potentially a year for the 175.

S

When did you applied for EA and after how long did you get + assessment?

Sarah Jayne Mar 23rd 2010 2:08 pm

sent docs 4/2/10 by courier; acknowledged 9/2/10; positive assessment 16/2/10 (Washington Accord) -- it seems to take a lot longer if your qualifications are not recognised under the Washington Accord -- if you go onto the "BEupdate timeline" and checkout skills assessments some engineers application seem to be taking 3 months

QLDlover Mar 23rd 2010 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah Jayne (Post 8441620)
sent docs 4/2/10 by courier; acknowledged 9/2/10; positive assessment 16/2/10 (Washington Accord) -- it seems to take a lot longer if your qualifications are not recognised under the Washington Accord -- if you go onto the "BEupdate timeline" and checkout skills assessments some engineers application seem to be taking 3 months

Yes its really redeculous I sent my docs 4th Jan 10 and not heard anything yet

Sarah Jayne Mar 23rd 2010 2:19 pm

have you had an email acknowledgement? -- if not it might be worth making sure its not been lost in transit....

There is a category of "Engineering Manager" - which you can apply for through the Australian Institute of Management - seems to be a lot of paperwork to demonstrate you have been a senior manager - but as they are assessing far fewer people it may work out quicker (BEupdate timelines show people getting it within a month through AIM)

QLDlover Mar 23rd 2010 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah Jayne (Post 8441661)
have you had an email acknowledgement? -- if not it might be worth making sure its not been lost in transit....

There is a category of "Engineering Manager" - which you can apply for through the Australian Institute of Management - seems to be a lot of paperwork to demonstrate you have been a senior manager - but as they are assessing far fewer people it may work out quicker (BEupdate timelines show people getting it within a month through AIM)

yes i received, for non recognised persons it takes 16 week ! so sad!

FriendForEver Mar 23rd 2010 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by r_1159 (Post 8442074)
yes i received, for non recognised persons it takes 16 week ! so sad!

i hadn't received any email with any type of declaration to be sent. Does it mean they hadn't start working on my application.

QLDlover Mar 23rd 2010 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 8442091)
i hadn't received any email with any type of declaration to be sent. Does it mean they hadn't start working on my application.

didnt Vic ask you to fill in a decleration form ?

Sarah Jayne Mar 23rd 2010 5:19 pm

FriendForEver - contact them to make sure they've got it OK