Wikiposts

Is Hairdressing off the list

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Hairdressing off the list

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Perhaps if you are in that much of a hurry for an answer you could ring a few migration agents for advice? People who post on this forum are all volunteers and offer help when/if they are able.
Have you tried asking migration agents for advice on student visas? Most don't seem to know much at all, a couple giving me wrong info!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Have you tried asking migration agents for advice on student visas? Most don't seem to know much at all, a couple giving me wrong info!
Yes, as a matter of fact the agency I worked for here in Perth did quite a few student visas.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well maybe you work for a good agent, but really, most do not seem interested in student visas, and don't seem to know much about them, or at least they didn't about 18 months ago when I was asking them for info. Unless they were the ones who sign you up for the course and get their commision, most told me they only dealt with the application side of things, if any side of it at all.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Well maybe you work for a good agent, but really, most do not seem interested in student visas, and don't seem to know much about them, or at least they didn't about 18 months ago when I was asking them for info. Unless they were the ones who sign you up for the course and get their commision, most told me they only dealt with the application side of things, if any side of it at all.
I don't work for an agent anymore. I did, but found it to be really thankless most of the time.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

Hi I got a reply from the academy manager I am going to be going to in adelaide, and she has heard nothing about anything happening to the hairdressing! Said she will check it out and get back to me if there is.

I also contacted someone on here who is an agent and he says the worst he thinks they will do is take it off the MODL list but stay on the SOL, this wont affect me as I wont need the extra MODL points as my sister is a citizen and will be sponsoring me which is good for me but maybe not others!

He also said that the TRA may change their requirements, which isnt good as we all know what they were trying to do a short while ago with the 900 hours paid work experience!!

Sharon
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Traykolaj
Well i know this, but your answer does not help me...
You don't need to be so rude..
Moneypen is never rude.................but you posted 3 times in a couple of minutes
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

Has anyone heard anything else about what is happening in march with the hairdressing?

Sharon
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

krazys back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharonmcallister
Has anyone heard anything else about what is happening in march with the hairdressing?

Sharon
Spooky, I'd started a new link requesting pretty much the same thing...will wait with baited breath for an answer (ie check again tomorrow...) but theory I think is that we wont know until March unfortunately.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Give people a break People will be working, ferrying kids from place to place etc etc. Please don't expect an answer within 5 minutes. If you haven't had one in 24 hours then bump. Patience is a virtue

Oh I have no idea, sorry.
Chill Pen.........Show some Love, obviously this morning was a stressfull time for our hair styling friends so be patient for them
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz
Chill Pen.........Show some Love, obviously this morning was a stressfull time for our hair styling friends so be patient for them
Pen's post was made on Feb 4th, not this morning! However I have to agree with her- you have to give people a chance to read and to reply and the original three posts on here were made in very quick succession.

Now back on topic - someone else posted a thread about this today.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592603