Hairdresser looking for sponsorship..HeLp!

Old Apr 27th 2013, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Faffykins1505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Hairdresser looking for sponsorship..HeLp!

Hi there!!
Iv spent the last two years in Oz living mostly in Sydney, working as a Hairdresser and I loved it so much! I was on a working holiday Visa but now unfortunatley it has ended and I had to return to the UK, and I my wish is to return and live and work there again!
Butttt options are more limited now as I have used up my working holiday visa ... and the only way I can return would be on a student visa, and look for work with possible sponsorship outcomes...
So my question is to anyone who has had this promblem, or managed to get a sponsorship on a student visa, is this even possible?
Or know anything about the how to get s sponsor with out being in the country?
Or maybe if anyone has worked in Aus with any contacts to salons who may be open to the idea to sponsorship?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

KaTie
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

MarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hairdresser looking for sponsorship..HeLp!

Hi Katie -

I don't have any info on hair salon sponsors, however as a student on a student visa you're able to work 40 hours per fortnight, so many students come to Australia, learn their trade or advance their education, and work during school. After finishing your courses, you would be in a good position to look for local sponsored work on a 457 temporary work visa, etc. depending on the demand for your skills in the area you're seeking to work in.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your job search!

Best,

Mark Northam
Old Apr 28th 2013, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Faffykins1505
Hi there!!
Iv spent the last two years in Oz living mostly in Sydney, working as a Hairdresser and I loved it so much! I was on a working holiday Visa but now unfortunatley it has ended and I had to return to the UK, and I my wish is to return and live and work there again!
Butttt options are more limited now as I have used up my working holiday visa ... and the only way I can return would be on a student visa, and look for work with possible sponsorship outcomes...
So my question is to anyone who has had this promblem, or managed to get a sponsorship on a student visa, is this even possible?
Or know anything about the how to get s sponsor with out being in the country?
Or maybe if anyone has worked in Aus with any contacts to salons who may be open to the idea to sponsorship?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

KaTie
Did you look for a sponsor during the previous two years whilst you were here?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

If you couldn't find a sponsor in the last two years, it isn't going to be any easier when you can only work part time.
Have you looked to see if hairdresser is on any of the state sponsorship lists?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 3:57 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Did you look for a sponsor during the previous two years whilst you were here?
if it was hard looking for a sponsor when she was physically here, it would be so much harder to find a sponsor now that she's away, considering the many available hairdressers locally.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
if it was hard looking for a sponsor when she was physically here, it would be so much harder to find a sponsor now that she's away, considering the many available hairdressers locally.
Yes, I think that was the point.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Yes, I think that was the point.
Indeed it was exactly the point.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Faffykins1505 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Indeed it was exactly the point.
Hi there, thankyou for your replys!
And no unfortunately when I was in Australia doing my working holiday my intentions were not to find sponsorship, which I am now kicking myself for! But I now relise that now im back in the UK...I would rather be back living the life in Oz again!!:/
Also another question...is it possible to enter Australia on just a holiday visa and then whilst in the country apply and obtain a student visa?
Old May 1st 2013, 5:21 am
Just Joined

MarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant future

Hi -

Yes, unless the visitor visa has Condition 8503 (No Further Stay) applied to it. As long as that condition is not present and you are from an Assessment Level 1 country (UK is one), you can apply in Australia online for your first student visa while holding a visitor (ETA, eVisitor, etc) visa.

Best,

Mark Northam