had cancer can we still move to Oz

Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice
Default had cancer can we still move to Oz

Hi just wanting some advice, my hubby has had cancer is clear now but can we still move to oz and if the cancer returned would we have to pay private for treatment???

Thanks Zoe & Paul x
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: had cancer can we still move to Oz

Originally Posted by zoeNpaul
Hi just wanting some advice, my hubby has had cancer is clear now but can we still move to oz and if the cancer returned would we have to pay private for treatment???

Thanks Zoe & Paul x
Do you have a visa? Has it been validated?

If no to #1, then nobody can say for sure whether he would pass the medical exam. If yes to #1 then go to #2. If no then he will have to inform DIAC of the change in circumstance. If yes then you can move to Australia. Depending on what visa you're on you may have to pay for private treatment or you may be eligible for Medicare.

More information is needed to answer your questions
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice

Hi we did have visas but they have ran out now as 4 weeks b4 us leaving my hubby was diagnosed!!!! so we would have to start again with the visa process, we just could not afford paying private for treatment if it was needed x
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we did have visas but they have ran out now as 4 weeks b4 us leaving my hubby was diagnosed!!!! so we would have to start again with the visa process, we just could not afford paying private for treatment if it was needed x
You're best speaking to an agent regarding what his chances of passing the medical might be. Ian Harrop is often recommended on here for medical issues. You can google his name and you'll find him. Expect to pay for a consultation, but IMO it would be money well spent.

If you qualify for a PR visa then you won't have to pay for his treatment. You'll be covered by Medicare. It's only if you come on a temporary visa you may have difficulties. And you would in that case probably need to have private cover anyway (i.e. Medibank, HBF, etc)
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:47 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

If you manage to get out here I'm pretty sure you would be covered by medicare.If you were over here on holiday and your OH took sick he would be covered as we have reciprocal health care with UK.
So think you should be ok.
Good luck to your Hubby with his recovery
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the advice think we will ask a rep see what they say x we can get a perm visa or a sponsored one so lots to look into now xxx
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
If you manage to get out here I'm pretty sure you would be covered by medicare.If you were over here on holiday and your OH took sick he would be covered as we have reciprocal health care with UK.
So think you should be ok.
Good luck to your Hubby with his recovery
That is exactly why geting a visa may be difficult.

The medicals are designed to exclude anyone who may be a cost to the system
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

I read somewhere..you had to be in remission for a least 3 years..or it could have been 7.
As I was interested in getting a parental visa for my mum .
I'm sure I read it here on british expats.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we did have visas but they have ran out
So ... what kind of visas did you have? The answer might make a difference to your options.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:01 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
That is exactly why geting a visa may be difficult.

The medicals are designed to exclude anyone who may be a cost to the system
That's why I put the big "If" in there
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Ruskee has a brilliant futureRuskee has a brilliant futureRuskee has a brilliant futureRuskee has a brilliant futureRuskee has a brilliant futureRuskee has a brilliant futureRuskee has a brilliant futureRuskee has a brilliant future

My wife had a previous melanoma excision in the UK 18 months prior to our application for visa. They required a report from the treating doctor as documented evidence of remission and prognosis. We were worried about it but all was fine in the end.

If it was active metastatic cancer I'm sure the response would have been quite different
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice

I have also heard that you need to be cancer free for 3 years. Personally I was cancer free for 5 years when my 175 was granted. Good luck!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your help My hubby has been all clear for 13mts now and the cancer was not agressive at all and the prognosis is very good his consultant said he will do us a letter to support our visa app etc...

We did have a sponsored visa by the hospital i was going to work at but this time arround we will only apply for a perm visa as dont want to take the chance on having to apply for the perm visa once there and being told no xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 5:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Unless things have changed recently they usually look at a 3 year clear period for cancer but this is a general rule and individual cases may vary. Not many agents have medical expertise (and you absolutely do need this) - two of those that do are George Lombard and Peter Bollard, both in Sydney. Search forum for contact details.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.