Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Gillianc is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 2012 175 Visa Application start - Share journey

Hello Everyone
We're just applied for 175 visa too and are very excited - not going to be very good at waiting patiently for CO! I'm a nurse & my husband's a mechanical engineer but we haven't used his job to get additional points. Hopefully they'll want to clear some cases before the rules changes so fingers crossed it won't take too long. Hoping to validate this time next year.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Gayle and Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2012 175 Visa Application start - Share journey

Hi everyone

Looking for some help. Me and my boyfriend are looking to apply for 175 visa however don't know where to start!!!

His job title is structural draughtsman however SOL states civil or electrical draughtsman. He uses exactly the same systems (CAD packages) however its s different job title. Can anyone foresee this as a problem or can it be covered by references?

Also, what's the general opinion on applying through an agent

Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated

Gayle & Ross.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gayle and Ross
Hi everyone

Looking for some help. Me and my boyfriend are looking to apply for 175 visa however don't know where to start!!!

His job title is structural draughtsman however SOL states civil or electrical draughtsman. He uses exactly the same systems (CAD packages) however its s different job title. Can anyone foresee this as a problem or can it be covered by references?

Gayle & Ross.
Hi Gayle,

I'm not in Australia so can't help with your question, but I just wanted to pop by and say hi and welcome you to BE.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can give you a few pointers. In the meantime give the search function a whirl if you are looking for anything specific and have a peruse of some of the other threads. Everyone is great at sharing info here so I know you will pick up a few pointers.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:32 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gayle and Ross
Hi everyone

Gayle & Ross.
Have a look at the job descriptions on the DIAC website. Here's the information for civil engineering draftsperson & electrical engineering draftsperson. I have no idea if these are the ones you're meaning - I have no clue at all about electrical or engineering stuff! You get the idea though. Have a search for the appropriate ANZSCO code on the DIAC site & read through the descriptions.

Your boyfriend will need to get his skills assessed before being able to apply for a visa (the assessing authorities are listed on the SOL). You should be aware that the rules for immigration are changing in July. The 175 is being replaced by the 189. Unless you've already sorted the skills assessment & IELTS (if you require them), then it may be quite difficult for you to get an application submitted before the 1st July. After the changes, you'll need to submit an expression of interest (EoI) before being able to apply. If/when you are invited to apply, then you can submit an application. There's more information on SkillSelect here.

I can't help much on the agent issue (we applied without one). Some people are relatively confident with the paperwork, and others aren't. It depends on how you feel about it, and how complicated your case is. If there are any health issues or convictions involved, then it's quite a good idea to consult an agent. If you decide to go with an agent, make sure they're MARA registered. You can find MARA registered agents here.

Good luck with your application!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about

September applicants have started getting CO's so it is getting closer to us.....Hooray
Old Apr 21st 2012, 3:40 am
Just Joined

mechman is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it may take 3 more months as the number of applicant will increase as time passes
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Aus_NSS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JustJulia
September applicants have started getting CO's so it is getting closer to us.....Hooray
Hi Julia can you tell me whether u have done "Relevant Skill Employment Assessment" (requires to submit additional 150 AUD)from Engineers Australia while doing ur CDR, i have not while doing mine & a bit confused how important that is
Old May 14th 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point

So this morning I got an email from my case officer requesting medicals and police checks.

I checked online, and all other requirements have now been changed to 'Met'.

I'm still in shock tbh, we submitted our application on January 15th 2012, so this email came exactly 4 months later to the day!

No time to be shocked though, have to arrange medicals (closest place is Edinburgh) and get police checks doen within the 28 days. Really scary to think we could have our visa in the next few months, has totally taken us by surprise!!!
Old May 14th 2012, 8:21 am
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Chimmel
So this morning I got an email from my case officer requesting medicals and police checks.

I'm still in shock tbh, we submitted our application on January 15th 2012, so this email came exactly 4 months later to the day!

No time to be shocked though, have to arrange medicals (closest place is Edinburgh) and get police checks doen within the 28 days. Really scary to think we could have our visa in the next few months, has totally taken us by surprise!!!
That's amazing, congratulations, you could have your visa and be in OZ in a few months

We applied on the 14th Jan so gives us great excitement too

Keep me posted, where are you planning to go, we are hoping to head to Melbourne?

J
Old May 14th 2012, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JustJulia
That's amazing, congratulations, you could have your visa and be in OZ in a few months

We applied on the 14th Jan so gives us great excitement too

Keep me posted, where are you planning to go, we are hoping to head to Melbourne?

J
Well we still have a house to sell etc, so it will probably still be a while. But we could be there in about 6 months.

Planning on going to Sydney, most of my friends are there and we both absolutely love the city.

It's so exciting, but I'm in such a daze... it's starting to feel a bit real now!!!
Old May 17th 2012, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

applied on Jan 15th & u already got ur case officer!!! u r very lucky i guess i use below link to track but it says upto 17th Oct of lodgement date has been allocated a case officer....so dont know how u got ur so early....

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm

any way congrates could u clear up a one thing have u applied for relevant skill assessment while doing ur CDR, i havent done mone while doing my CDR so a bit nervous about that
Old May 18th 2012, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aus_NSS
applied on Jan 15th & u already got ur case officer!!! u r very lucky i guess i use below link to track but it says upto 17th Oct of lodgement date has been allocated a case officer....so dont know how u got ur so early....

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm

any way congrates could u clear up a one thing have u applied for relevant skill assessment while doing ur CDR, i havent done mone while doing my CDR so a bit nervous about that
I would say it is pure luck. I've been using the site too, so figured it would be another 4/5 months at least. Anyway, it's happened now so not questioning it :-)

In answer to your other question. I have no idea what a CDR is and didn't have to do one. Had a quick google, and it looks to be a "Competency Demonstration Report " and only required for engineers? I'm an accountant, so just the skills assessment sufficed. Sorry couldn't be more help.
Old May 21st 2012, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

I would say it is pure luck. I've been using the site too, so figured it would be another 4/5 months at least. Anyway, it's happened now so not questioning it :-)

In answer to your other question. I have no idea what a CDR is and didn't have to do one. Had a quick google, and it looks to be a "Competency Demonstration Report " and only required for engineers? I'm an accountant, so just the skills assessment sufficed. Sorry couldn't be more help.
Thx 4 the reply hopefully u will get the visa very soon & i better check my e-mail regularly too take care & all the best
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

I applied for my 175 on 20th April 2012.
Currently in Australia on a 457.

Got a big shock when I had an email from a case officer today asking for medicals and police checks! Seems like a mysterious allocation system to me, I was expecting to wait at least 6 months for a case officer from the current time lines published on the immigration website.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:01 am
Just Joined

AUSAPPLY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DIAC 175 - Applying from Singapore

Dear All,

Can we use this thread to discuss the DIAC application procedure and status for 175 subclass. Please share your experience if you are in Singapore and applied or applying for 175 visa.

My status:
175 Applied : 10 May
Status changed to "Application being processed further" on 01/06/2012
Waiting for CO

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.